Tyvek jewelry tags for shroud line attachment

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robnee

Reaction score
Has anyone used the little Tyvek Jewelry tags for attaching shroud lines to homemade plastic chutes before? I picked up a pack of them on Amazon and they seem perfect. They're 1/2" in diameter and the adhesive is pretty strong. They can be folded over and attached on both sides of the chute forming a little loop for attaching the shroud lines. There is no adhesive on the loop part. The Tyvek seems stronger than the chute itself so I'm thinking it won't tear. Pretty cheap at $6 for 1000. That's a lifetime supply for me.

2014-10-02 21.14.39.jpg

Rob

Looks pretty good and a Tyvek-type material should be tough enough to hold up to normal use.
You could even hole punch through the center for a more traditional attachment with good reinforcement.
And it comes with a pen.

So where do we find this product?

You don't plan on building more than 166 rockets in your life?

Looks like an alternative to the Avery round rings.
The rectangle shaped ones might be what are used in the New Way rocketry kits.

Last edited:
New Way Spacemodels (the folks who make the square LPRs) uses something like that in their parachute packages. They work pretty well. Good to know of a separate source. I just dropped a pack in my Amazon shopping cart for the next order. Thanks!

Looks pretty good and a Tyvek-type material should be tough enough to hold up to normal use.
You could even hole punch through the center for a more traditional attachment with good reinforcement.
And it comes with a pen.

So where do we find this product?

You don't plan on building more than 166 rockets in your life?

I don't know...I bought 100 16" parachutes off eBay :) These look pretty nice. I have Avery dots but these look to be less bulky. I know they are more flexible. And a lot tougher.

Back