Let's all fly pink rockets for Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to continual rain and unharvested fields, it looks like our October launch is going to be cancelled. I will launch some pink rockets in November.

Launched my 4" Mad Cow Patriot this past weekend on a CTI J316 Pink to 3611ft, will add a link to the video as soon as its posted to youtube by our club.

Got mine done. I plan on launching it Saturday at TCC October Skies.

Attachments

• 213_rocket.jpg
    213_rocket.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 5
  • 214_rocket.jpg
    214_rocket.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 217_rocket.jpg
    217_rocket.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 219_rocket.jpg
    219_rocket.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 220_rocket.jpg
    220_rocket.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 221_rocket.jpg
    221_rocket.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 5
View attachment 187388

Cousin Chris died of breast cancer 14 years ago this Sunday. I sponsored a Rocket4theCure rocket in her name and will fly Double-D Bertha on Saturday.

Double-D Bertha (aka Bosom Buddy Bertha) flew yesterday on 2 D12-7s with t̶a̶s̶s̶e̶l̶ streamer recovery. One partially broken fin joint will be easily repaired.
DoubleD_Bertha.jpg

Well, Tank Girl... how about checkered?

tankgirl.jpg

Last edited:
Just a thought...

[nitpick] I watched the 4K rocket launch video, and one thing that stuck out to me was the amount written on the huge check presented during it. "Twenty Thousand Dollars and no cents"(emphasis mine). Which my mind twisted into "nonsense"... To prevent that kinda thing, I write "exactly". Thus, I'd have written the check as "Twenty Thousand Dollars exactly". [/nitpick]

I don't have a pink rocket (yet), mine got stuck in the grey primer stage. More about it later.

Last edited:
Just a thought...

[nitpick] I watched the 4K rocket launch video, and one thing that stuck out to me was the amount written on the huge check presented during it. "Twenty Thousand Dollars and no cents"(emphasis mine). Which my mind twisted into "nonsense"... To prevent that kinda thing, I write "exactly". Thus, I'd have written the check as "Twenty Thousand Dollars exactly". [nitpick]

I don't have a pink rocket (yet), mine got stuck in the grey primer stage. More about it later.

They said in the video that the rockets were sponsored at $10 apiece. At over 3900 rockets, wouldn't that be over $39,000?

They said in the video that the rockets were sponsored at $10 apiece. At over 3900 rockets, wouldn't that be over $39,000?

Not sure how much got covered by other sponsors, but they also needed over 4000 rockets, 4000 motors, build the launch system, advertisement, etc

Of the 4087 rockets built and staged, almost 100 didn't launch. The 3980some that did were sufficient to beat the record.

Back