Giant Squid Model Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His species is Mon Calamari, which implies he's at least squid-kin. Although, with those claws, he may also be related to crawdads. Either way, if he better not go to Louisiana or he'll wind up Space Gumbo.

Maybe he is the product of an unholy union between a squid and a crawdad.

Sort of like when Lassie mated with a cantaloupe and produced a Mellon-Collie baby.

His species is Mon Calamari, which implies he's at least squid-kin. Although, with those claws, he may also be related to crawdads. Either way, if he better not go to Louisiana or he'll wind up Space Gumbo.

He should stay away from Daddy and Colorado too...

When you are Mon Calamari, the entire universe is a Trap.

Meanwhile, back on the subject of squid, which should be an interesting flight - one way or another... :D

The Royal Navy never had any trouble persuading its squid to hunt for submarines. Giant squids do that anyway, as the Nautilus found out. (You didn't think "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea" was fiction, did you? :lol:) The trick was persuading this one only to go after German submarines. Opera was indeed the key - the squid was trained to associate all the works of Wagner with lots of food. This, incidentally, was the origin of the saying "It's only over after the fat lady sings". It also means that on launch day you will need to warn all spectators not to play "Ride of the Valkyries", or indeed any other Wagner music, through loudspeakers or even headphones, otherwise the last thing they're going to see is a rocket-propelled squid in a power dive straight at them.

The submarine-hunting squid was remembered long after WW1. A more conventional anti-submarine weapon was named "Squid" in its honour.

Meanwhile, back on the subject of squid, which should be an interesting flight - one way or another... :D

The Royal Navy never had any trouble persuading its squid to hunt for submarines. Giant squids do that anyway, as the Nautilus found out. (You didn't think "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea" was fiction, did you? :lol:) The trick was persuading this one only to go after German submarines. Opera was indeed the key - the squid was trained to associate all the works of Wagner with lots of food. This, incidentally, was the origin of the saying "It's only over after the fat lady sings". It also means that on launch day you will need to warn all spectators not to play "Ride of the Valkyries", or indeed any other Wagner music, through loudspeakers or even headphones, otherwise the last thing they're going to see is a rocket-propelled squid in a power dive straight at them.

The submarine-hunting squid was remembered long after WW1. A more conventional anti-submarine weapon was named "Squid" in its honour.

Thanks for the additional info on the Royal Navy's squid based anti submarine program. The only reason they were not used again in WWII was that Nessie had eaten them all up in Loch Ness by the late thirties. Again, more top secret stuff. By WWII the U Boat crews also had the attack squid countermeasure of playing the "Tipperary Song."

The Soviets were up to no good as reported in 1978, "sharp, curved claws on the suction cups of squid tentacles cut up the rubber coating on the hull of the USS Stein." Comrade, we have trained big red squid to attack pig dog Capitalist Disco Music Beat coming from crew dancing in Yankee Sub! HA HA, they not be "Staying Alive!"

I know for a fact...the secret U boat eating squid...was designed using "MiNdSim"...a sophisticated, contemporary, compuminder program by, Daddysim Von Hooligan...This odd-rocket design program is available, only through, single-neural 'hub' orchestrated activity of the entire brain circuit!

I know for a fact...the secret U boat eating squid...was designed using "MiNdSim"...a sophisticated, contemporary, compuminder program by, Daddysim Von Hooligan...This odd-rocket design program is available, only through, single-neural 'hub' orchestrated activity of the entire brain circuit!

My MindSim burned out and crashed on the B 58. Squidworth was just a hack and slash. I think you might be able to download a version on CompuServe for Windows 97 if the sysops are OK with it. Its all about the Pentiums Baby! No brain dead AOLers. And don't mention that Daddysim Von Hooligan thing, Pad Fuhrer might think it is all Russian Mafia Malware, you know he likes solid rocket science backed up with OR or RocSim. As always this silly odd roc will need to have the "Stardust Laboratories Seal of Approval" before it flies; kid tested, mother approved. Nothing can beat your 50 years of model rocket flying experience. You have not been wrong so far on all my stuff and this one is more extreme than the Tapeworm. I went a bit nuts on those forward fins. Be sure to bring your video camera because hopefully you will have enough confidence to stand out there and video "tape" while I cower behind the trailer trembling with fear. Flame fin action with a big kite tail, yeah, that will do the trick. And how can you not love those big googly eyes?

What did Han Solo say? "Good against remotes is one thing, good against the living is another." Hopefully the Force will be with us:)

Now yousa just talking crazy. LOL

Did you ever consider what it would be like if Jar Jar Binks had been cast as the hooker in "Full Metal Jacket" ?
I can just hear the imortal line, "Meesa Horny."

Did you ever consider what it would be like if Jar Jar Binks had been cast as the hooker in "Full Metal Jacket" ?
I can just hear the imortal line, "Meesa Horny."

Ha ha!

Do you remember that crazy story from when the movie first came out about kids using the full-size Jar-Jar doll as a sex toy?

I just hope all three E motors light together and make boom boom long time.

LOL! TOOO KEWL! Daddyisabar.
Wish I'd thought of This for the flying Critters Collection Odd-Roc. Truely a FUN & Funny Odd-Roc! You've Done it Again!
May have to try a canted Tri-motor Micro downscale of this one.... still ROTFL! Outstanding!
Simply Wonderful creativity!

LOL! TOOO KEWL! Daddyisabar.
Wish I'd thought of This for the flying Critters Collection Odd-Roc. Truely a FUN & Funny Odd-Roc! You've Done it Again!
May have to try a canted Tri-motor Micro downscale of this one.... still ROTFL! Outstanding!
Simply Wonderful creativity!

Thanks. A down scale would be cool. An Upscale?:y:

Latest posts

Back