cheap or bulk nose cones?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy parts and then make kits for about 25 students (9th grade). Our school has just bought an awesome laser cutter, so fins and chutes won't be much of a problem: cut from sheet stock. Kids will have a blast designing fins.

I'll get lots of stuff from Balsa Machine Service BMS but I need a source for low-price BT 50 and BT 20 nose cones.
White plastic so colored markers can be used instead of paint.

Any sources come to mind?

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

Good call Jerome! That's the lowest price I've seen so far.
Thanks!

If anyone knows of a source that's less than $1 for one BT50 nosecone please chime in.

I'm looking to buy parts and then make kits for about 25 students (9th grade). Our school has just bought an awesome laser cutter, so fins and chutes won't be much of a problem: cut from sheet stock. Kids will have a blast designing fins.

I'll get lots of stuff from Balsa Machine Service BMS but I need a source for low-price BT 50 and BT 20 nose cones.
White plastic so colored markers can be used instead of paint.

Any sources come to mind?

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

If your school ever wants a 3D printer to match the laser cutter, let me know! It would certainly make sourcing any size nosecone a breeze!

Shoot me a pm with qty of each size as I still have some Starlight Bt 20 and Bt 50 cones in the shop I can let go for a very good price.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com

If those are the 2 piece ones then they are real nice. I have built with them and have some in a drawer. I'm not a fan of Estes plastic but Bob's are different stuff. Just go to a good hobby center and get the real Testor's cement, not the "kid safe" crap.

There is another place the offer up to 40% off on quantity orders. it's where I buy my Estes motors and throw in a few NC's at the same time
try https://www.bellevillehobby.com they are very good people with good shipping prices also.

Dave Carver: Just for the Record:
Testers liquid cement is the weakest of all the Solvent Welding agents. For most Styrene through Modified Acrylic plastics there are several much better Agents. Plastistruct or Ambroid "Pro-weld" liquid cements would be next in line, then Weld-on 3 or 4. with the best being straight (MC) Methylene Chloride which is available in gallons only from most Sign Suppliers. In a pinch MEK or Acetone will work on styrene and some Acrylics.

Latest posts

Back