RocketryForum Newsletter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenK

Administrator
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I wanted you guys to know starting today I'm going to be sending out a newsletter. If you ever have an event or something you're looking to promote please let me know and I will make sure it gets included.

If you do not want to receive the newsletter, please unsubscribe and you won't get anymore.

This month I featured the giveaway. If you haven't joined the BuyRocketMotors Giveaway please make sure you do so now.

Thanks for the support guys!

I appreciate your good intentions, but my initial reaction is - why? we already can see what we need to see by visiting the forum.

My second reaction is that I HATE JUNK EMAIL. A LOT. Please don't send me emails that I have no real purpose for. As an example: a notice about the buyrocketmotors giveaway - anyone who visits TRF at all knows about this already - banner at the top of the page, sticky thread, everyone talking about it, etc.. I know already. And anyone who doesn't isn't much of a forum visitor/user and so what if they don't know. There's simply no need to send an email. Please do not.

Did I mention that I REALLY HATE JUNK EMAIL?

s6

Agreed. Fortunately, the unsubscribe option is readily available, and I took advantage of it quite quickly.

I appreciate your good intentions, but my initial reaction is - why? we already can see what we need to see by visiting the forum.

My second reaction is that I HATE JUNK EMAIL. A LOT. Please don't send me emails that I have no real purpose for. As an example: a notice about the buyrocketmotors giveaway - anyone who visits TRF at all knows about this already - banner at the top of the page, sticky thread, everyone talking about it, etc.. I know already. And anyone who doesn't isn't much of a forum visitor/user and so what if they don't know. There's simply no need to send an email. Please do not.

Did I mention that I REALLY HATE JUNK EMAIL?

s6

Austin,

I salute your efforts. I know that doing a newsletter can be a real PITA (I have to do a couple of them).

I didn't get one yet either... Should I apply a junk mail filter to ensure it gets through?

Well... Panicking after receiving what I thought was a spam email from someone claiming to be TRF doesn't exactly make me feel any better after reading this thread... :p

My spam filter got it and it will probably never get through.

Unsubscribed from the newsletter, for reasons others have already described. It was simple and one-click, so not offensive. Presuming, of course, that the unsubscribe actually works and that I don't keep getting it. There are many newsletters from which I've unsubscribed but still get them...

Marc

Unsubscribed from the newsletter, for reasons others have already described. It was simple and one-click, so not offensive. Presuming, of course, that the unsubscribe actually works and that I don't keep getting it. There are many newsletters from which I've unsubscribed but still get them...

Marc

+1 to ease of unsubscribing

Launching rockets (or missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPad Air using Rocketry Forum.

To heck with these sourpusses, bring it on :) I think it's a good idea but I haven't seen it yet, maybe check on what email you have for me :( I can't see not wanting information. I'm sure it's easily skimmed or deleted, whatever. I get the Stupid Deal of the Day at Musician's Friend, sometimes it just get's deleted because I'm broke and whatever deal they have I can't get so why look...

Getting a comprehensive list of ALL launches, big or small, would be a first and worthwhile alone for a newsletter. It means getting updates of the launches from all clubs, a daunting task but could be done with a mass emailing or the like.

Anyway, I need to figure out why I'm not getting it.

I was wondering why, all of a sudden I received one.
Can there be an option for as a PM instead?

JD

I didn't get one either. I should probably check to see what email I have associated with thei account...

Back