The Mt. Rushmore of New England Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthewdlaudato

Reaction score
At today's CMASS launch we had a real treat. And no, I don't just mean the cake that Jim Flis brought as part of his annual Fliskits party - which was of course very yummy. We had all 4 presidents of the New England clubs present at the launch. Here then, is the Mt Rushmore of New England Rocketry:

nerushmore2.jpg

From left to right (last initials only for privacy):

Scott C., President, MMMSC (www.mmmsclub.org)
Bill S., President, CMASS (www.cmass.org)
Ray D., President, RIMRA (www.rimra.org)
Al G., President, CATO (www.cato-rockets.org)

And, since Jim was there sponsoring the launch (as in, cake and no launch fees!) and he also should be carved in stone for what he's done for our hobby, here's a shot with all 5:

nerushmorewflis3.jpg

Other than the national meets, I'd have to guess that this is as large a confluence of club and hobby brass as you're likely to see. All are good and decent men, and we're lucky to have them running our clubs.

I leave it to someone with better image processing skills than myself to Photoshop them into the actual Mt. Rushmore!

When did this happen,... was there a flyover?
The "Cake" was worthy of "Presidential Gatherings".

Last edited:
When did this happen,... was there a flyover?

Hah, no, we'll have to coordinate with the USAF better next time. I corralled them all at around 3:15 or so, realizing earlier in the day that a. it was a somewhat rare occurrence and b. I had my good camera with me.

It was a very nice turnout, with a lot of different things going on today. Thanks to everyone showing up and participating!

You'll note that I'm the only one in the picture who is not wearing a hat to hide his true identity. Or the only one not smart enough to wear a hat on a hot cloudless day.

You'll note that I'm the only one in the picture who is not wearing a hat to hide his true identity. Or the only one not smart enough to wear a hat on a hot cloudless day.

I have a question about the hats. If you guys are actually sculpted into the side of a mountain, will the massive monument be wearing the hats? Because I'm not sure if all of those hats should be preserved for posterity.

Back