Reasons why rocketry is a good habit (hobby) to have...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CzTeacherMan

Reaction score
So after much discussion with my wife, I decided we should have a giant list of reasons why rocketry is a good habit to have. Real answers and tongue in cheek are welcome. The more sarcastic and funny, the better. Prize to the best reply. And by prize I mean absolutely nothing.

1. Because I recycle random garbage into useful rocket parts (aluminum foil tubes, Popsicle sticks, old printer paper, etc.)

Rocketry removes all that pesky cash that clutters up your wallet.

Anyone can build a model on their dining room table that goes 300 mph.

My nay-boor's wife is so much safer when my hands are full....
(which is why I have a model railroad when the weather is bad!)
So my children will know the value of indoor plumbing.
It's cruel to kick a dog and cat throwing is frowned on too.
it beats making casseroles for a hobby.
It's a button I can push without an argument afterward.
I like extremes, it's a 12,000 step recovery program.
In the desert, nobody can hear if you're thirsty.
It beats gambling, you can actually see your money disappear
You don't have to diagram a sentence and all your dangling participles have a parachute
Where else could you find such a cooperative group besides a prison riot?
The t-shirts are so much cooler in this hobby

Last edited:
My nay-boor's wife is so much safer when my hands are full....
(which is why I have a model railroad when the weather is bad!)
So my children will know the value of indoor plumbing.
It's cruel to kick a dog and cat throwing is frowned on too.
it beats making casseroles for a hobby.
It's a button I can push without an argument afterward.
I like extremes, it's a 12,000 step recovery program.
In the desert, nobody can hear if you're thirsty.
It beats gambling, you can actually see your money disappear
You don't have to diagram a sentence and all your dangling participles have a parachute
Where else could you find such a cooperative group besides a prison riot?
The t-shirts are so much cooler in this hobby

+1 to that. Haha lol

it's cheaper than my other hobby (seriously!)
My wife says that! She says "Why don't you make a hobby out of being serious once in a while"? I told her I'd sleep on it....
I told her the next day that if I made a serious hobby out of being serious in my free time, then nobody at work would take me seriously. She said "well, they pay you to be serious at work. "Exactly!, I said-case closed."

My wife says that! She says "Why don't you make a hobby out of being serious once in a while"? I told her I'd sleep on it....
I told her the next day that if I made a serious hobby out of being serious in my free time, then nobody at work would take me seriously. She said "well, they pay you to be serious at work. "Exactly!, I said-case closed."

Seriously?

A completely screen free activity in the outdoors to do with the kids. If that doesn't work, I say the kids will be so tired bedtime will be easy...that one never fails.

From a T-shirt I saw some time ago... "Rocket Science: Making everything else look easy since 1948!"

Or this sign hanging over a couple of rocketry workbenches that gives you a convenient excuse for those occasions when things don't go quite as planned.

View attachment 185549

Let's me relive my childhood and gives me an excuse to be crafty like my wife. Gotta get her into rockets....

Launching rockets (and missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Let's me relive my childhood and gives me an excuse to be crafty like my wife. Gotta get her into rockets....

What does... Oh wait crafty like arts n crafts. I get it. My ex-wife was the other kind of crafty... :kill:

Rocketry... Much cheaper than more ex wives...

Adrian

I find rocketry an excellent escape from the stress of work and other things. Building rockets, I get to work on my own plans on my own schedule. The social aspects of flying with clubs and interacting with others online are just bonuses. :)

-- Roger

What does... Oh wait crafty like arts n crafts. I get it. My ex-wife was the other kind of crafty... :kill:

Rocketry... Much cheaper than more ex wives...

Adrian

Yep that is what I meant. She is extremely creative when it comes to decorating and designing craft ideas. I should have her paint my rockets for me 😄

Launching rockets (and missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Going fast vertically satisfies my "need for speed".

It also saves me tons of money.

Going fast horizontally usually results in very expensive tickets.

Therefore rocketry saves money.

"That's my story & I'm stick'n to it!':wink:

Our club consists of a bunch of engineering students. We get 'em by telling them that one of the best ways to stand out to an employer is to get hands-on experiences and to design, build, and launch their own rockets.

Back