Something weird

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our problem is quite different. Last winter our entire region set records for snow. We had so many snowstorms that most cities, towns, counties, etc. ran out of, and emergency ordered more highway salt. So much salt was shipped that the salt mines used up their surplus. Since most larger cities had their own surplus supplies, which they wiped out, this year they have to order considerably more than a usual "year's worth" to resupply. But since the salt mines wiped out their surplus and have been working overtime to catch up (but are still behind), salt prices have tripled this year and the mines aren't guaranteeing that everyone will have what they ordered, or what they need before winter.

The El Nino prediction for us, is that a) winter snows may start a full month earlier than usual, and b) even though last year set records, this year could be worse.

It could be a LONG winter.

I hope those of you who desperately need the rain and snow get your fair share.

I would be more than happy to divert your rain and snow to CA if it were within my power to do so. (Just not on launch day. :p)

I hope those of you that are in for a long winter have one that is more mild than expected/feared.

Last edited:
Back