TRF 2015 Calendar-- COST AND PAYMENT INFO

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Alrighty... I am starting earlier this year. :p

Is there any interest in a 2015 TRF calendar?

I do have permission from Austin to do this.

Last edited:
He gave it to me last time I tried to do it, but I am awaiting confirmation.

I'd probably be interested. I'd need more details, but yeah I'd like to see it done.

Nate

Yes, I now have official word from Austin that I have permission to use TRF's name.

Shrox, I had my eye on vistaprint, but if anyone has any suggestions as to what to use, please let me know.

Also, currently I am looking at a price of around $23 per calendar.

Last edited:
I'd be in if the photos were strictly rockets on the pad or just lifting off. I really wouldn't want to see some bloke holding a rocket for a whole month. Smoke, fire and a large heaping dose of bad ass, I would be all over that.

I would be for a rockets only format, no sexy models male or female. The only lines and curves I want to see are leading edges and contrails.

I would be for a rockets only format, no sexy models male or female. The only lines and curves I want to see are leading edges and contrails.

Agreed! As a newcomer to this site (two months or so) what does the calendar look like?

Launching rockets (or missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPad Air using Rocketry Forum.

+1 on that, my mum wouldnt let a sexy model magazine within 30 ft of the house..

"No mom I swear, it's just for the rockets, not the pictures of the models,I promise"

Nate

My Mom always buys us calendars for Christmas but never knows what to get me. I would bet she'd buy one if she hasn't finished her Christmas shopping already (yes, she's often that far ahead).

I would buy two. Others have made requests about the pictures to include. I will also. I do not want to see a big smoke trail with a little image of a rocket at the top that I cannot see the details of. Rockets on the pad, lighting on the pad, lifting off of the pad, twenty feet off of the pad are ok. Pics of a rocket sitting on the pad that is 1000 feet away and I cannot see the details of the rocket are not ok.

Alrighty, I have 14 interested so far, so I am going to continue with this idea.

SUBMIT PHOTOS HERE!!

The way pictures will work is this. There will be two threads. The first thread will be a submissions thread. Anyone can submit a picture. Each picture will require a "second" in order to be eligible. That thread will remain open for say, 3 weeks. At the end of that, I will open a poll, and we will vote on the pictures. The top 12 photos will then be the ones for the magazine.

Last edited:
With all the stipulations above (no suggestive models, voted pictures, rockets on pads visible) I'd buy one.

If you have a picture you would like to use, there are only a few requirements:
1. You must be the photographer of the picture.

I am guessing this is to avoid copyright issues? How about if the picture has "Photo Credit John Doe, Used with Permission" on it?
I for one, do not own a nice enough camera to take good quality shots, not to mention taking them of my own rocket but wives and freinds are always taking great shots.

If you have explicit permission from the owner, I guess you can use it.

Also, currently I am looking at a price of around $16-18 per calendar.

Does that include standard ground mail? I am in the Great White North (Toronto area), but I will definitely buy 1 or 2.

+1 on this as well. This is the rocketry forum after all!

This is not a strict price yet (subject to change depending on circumstances), but expect about $21-22 shipped.

Back