Aerotech 54mm XL delay kits?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splitboard166

Reaction score
I am looking for info about Aerotech 54mm delay kits for K550 motors. The motors come with a Long 14 sec. delay but I am looking for a XL 18 sec. delay. I see on their catalog that a XL delay is available for the motors however I cannot find any Aerotech vendors that have these available for the kits. I have tried contacting Aerotech but have had little success on any info. Does anyone have info if these actually exist?

Thanks

Just for information, delay grains can be ordered in longer lengths from Aerotech which is also RCS (there the same company) their website is https://www.rocketmotorparts.com/ 3 inches up to 7 inch; and you can cut them down to your own specific length for what you need. You can also get 38mm delays in 3" sticks. We have made up to 30sec. delays in the 38mm

You also have to have the extended fore end. The XL delay isn't from a different formula, it's just longer.

Needed to add, an 18 second delay is not certified for a K550. I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure.

edit again: I know pretty much anything goes at a research launch. I once saw a L1100 AeroTech 54mm motor, you say they don't make one? Put together 2 K550's and they do :)

Last edited:
That's 8 grains, Aerotech don't make a 54mm 8g case

What, you miss the part about "research"? I saw this, Jim, in a V2 that failed to deploy and impacted next to(and I mean next to) a busy highway. My friend, holder of a LEMP(that's Low Explosive Manufactures Permit) helped construct the load from 2 K550's in a custom case.

Things were a little different back in the days of the wild, wild West. Same launch I saw Teeling Tech, Gumby, Urinsco and 1 other I can't remember, great motors.

I don't doubt that it happened, but yes, you failed to mention the custom hardware. It's all good.

Awe good ole Gumby and Brian Teeling motors. Had a couple Teeling I-1200 those were awesome. And his firestarters were cool too.

Last edited:
Back