• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Unique Sale - 9 Altimeters/Electronics, Mostly Unopened, Package Deal

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prophecy

Reaction score
Okay, little bit of a unique situation here - from the period 2002-around 2008, I was really in to the hobby end of things and accrued a massive amount of supplies to meet my goals in that field. At that point, the altimeters I was using were cheap enough that I preferred each airframe to have its own units, a concept I quickly abandoned when I moved onto more serious amateur-level projects that required more sophisticated electronics, which happened simultaneously with me moving out of my parents' house in 2009. I sold off most of my stuff from this era in blowout summer sales in 2012 and 2013 after getting numerous complaints (or threats) from my mother that the stuff had to go or it would be "addressed for me." I just received an email from my dad saying he found a stash of 15 pieces of mostly unused electronics elsewhere in the house and that he wanted them gone, so they're in a box headed my way - I have no use for them, so somebody's going to get a good deal. I don't have the time or desire to part these out, so I'm selling them as a package deal at a heavily discounted price. Someone will either be set for years with their own new electronics, or have a field day parting them out and making a profit at my expense. Of the 15, my dad told me he's keeping 2 of them, 2 of them were involved in a hard landing several years ago so I'm not comfortable selling them, and 2 of them I'm keeping - so that leaves us with 9. With no further ado:

Transolve apogee-only altimeter (I think it's a P7) unopened: photo-10.jpg
MissileWorks RRC2X (unopened, so I can't tell from the picture whether it's a 25k or a 40k version - I thought I was an "extreme" rocketeer, so I'm pretty sure it'll end up being the 40k): photo-11.jpg
(2) MissileWorks RRC2Minis, both unopened: photo-13.jpgphoto-12.jpg
MissileWorks RRC2 Classic, mint condition - was unopened until a year ago, when I flew up to attend a launch with my dad and realized that the rocket we were going to fly had no electronics - so this one came to the rescue and worked perfectly on a flight to 12k: photo-16.jpg

I've reached the upload limit, going to continue in a second.

Adept staging timer, opened but never flown - not sure which version it is. Random black thing not included: photo-15.jpg

RRC2X 40k version, used but in great shape: photo-17.jpg

PicoAlt something (dual deploy altimeter I'm nearly 100% sure - unopened): photo-18.jpg

G-Wiz LCX 56G version - flown once on a P motor flight in 2012 - rocket landed hard under a stripped chute, but it was well-protected and is in great shape (one in the bag on the bottom of the picture): photo-19.jpg

Okay - now that you've seen all the pictures, time for the good stuff - stats and price (I just gave a presentation on presentation tactics today, and one of the slides was "make 'em wait" - so I at least gotta practice what I preach. If you're still awake after all those pictures, here we go):

That's 6 unused altimeters, two with one flight each, and one used a couple times. I went through and valued everything conservatively (sub-retail), and came up with a $710 valuation despite everything being sub-retail. First $400 takes it. Payment by check, altimeters will ship when the check clears. Post here or shoot me a PM.

Thanks,

Prophecy

Good show! Since I do have everything you have except the transolve-I'll mull it over a bit. Guys- this is a killer deal. I'm giving myself (and you guys) 24 hours before I commit. Does the LCX have the data i/o board and cable?

The cable and I/O board come stock with the HCX but were sold separately on the LCX. I don't have them. Thanks, Prophecy

Pm me a price for an rrc2. Need some dual deploy here

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I guess I should finish reading. But I really need some electronics in a bad way

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I just got an Adept 22, but I'd be interested in one of the RRC2s as a main (use the Adept as backup)... If you're willing to separate the batch, I'd love to score a killer deal...
My name is Erik, and I have a rocket component addiction. It's okay, right? Tell me I'll be okay!

I just got an Adept 22, but I'd be interested in one of the RRC2s as a main (use the Adept as backup)... If you're willing to separate the batch, I'd love to score a killer deal...
My name is Erik, and I have a rocket component addiction. It's okay, right? Tell me I'll be okay!
Sorry- Eric-you're screwed-kiss your bank account goodbye and learn to live on dry cat food. The canned stuff is a luxury and the better stuff is almost a "C" motor...

Okay - looks like nobody is in the market for 9 altimeters - all requests have been to part these things out. I don't have the time or capacity to keep track of 9 separate transactions - I really don't - so maybe it's more reasonable to sell these in three bundles of three units each.

Package 1:
RRC2X (used one), G-Wiz LCX, Adept staging timer - $180

Package 2:
PicoAlt accel-based alt unopened (almost certain it's dual deploy), RRC2 classic used once, RRC2X unopened - $120

Package 3:
(2) RRC2Mini unopened, Transolve P7 - $120

Thanks,

Prophecy

Package 2 is sold- 1 and 3 still available. A9a1c1- package 1 was assembled with you in mind. Let me know.

Thanks,

Prophecy

Alright, absolutely nobody on here will buy bundled stuff, got it.

Great condition used RRC2X40k - $40
G-Wiz LCX used once - $85
Adept staging timer - $25
Unopened RRC2Minis - $45/ea.
Transolve P7 (I think) - $25

Sold: G-Wiz, RRC2X, Transolve P7
Still available: Adept staging timer, 2x RRC2Mini

Your mail box is full Prophecy.
I'll just post here.

I'll take these two off your hands if you still have them.

Great condition used RRC2X40k - $40

Adept staging timer - $25

Let me know if you still have them and clean up your inbox and I'll send you my zip code to figure postage.

David

Astronot - RRC2X is sold, but the Adept timer is all yours - please PM me. PMs have been cleared.

Thanks!

S

I REALLY want that pair of RRc2 mini's but after High Frontier I'm kinda strapped for extra rocketry funds. If they are still around next week......

All sold, thanks everybody.

Man, isn't capitalism fascinating. Bundle deals went untouched for four days, part them out and they're gone in a matter of hours.

Back