List of Wasserfall model rocket kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morlock

Reaction score
I'm getting exited about the looks of the german Wasserfall rocket. I would probably include it on a list of the 10 sexiest rockets of history, but I can't locate any kit for it... Maybe moding a V2 is the easiest option here.

Are there any model rocket kits of the Wasserfall rocket?

EDIT: Apparently, there aren't many...

Last edited:
I'm getting exited about the looks of the german Wasserfall rocket. I would probably include it on a list of the 10 sexiest rockets of history, but I can't locate any kit for it... Maybe moding a V2 is the easiest option here.

Are there any model rocket kits of the Wasserfall rocket? If you know of any, I'll add them to the list below.

---

Wasserfall model kits

LPR:

MPR:

HPR:

This isn't a kit but a scratch built Wasserfall that started on a napkin at the Tilted Kilt. Flew 4 times on M motors.

IMG_20140523_015239_478.jpg

This isn't a kit but a scratch built Wasserfall that started on a napkin at the Tilted Kilt. Flew 4 times on M motors.

Looks cool! This looks like a 4+ in. model. OK, maybe much more since you flew it on Ms. Did you base it on a V2 or you did everything from scratch?

I think you'll have to Scratch Build this one. Go for it!
That said, I'll gladly help you dig up some Specs.

Here's some to start:

Waterfall 001.jpg

Last edited:
The only Wasserfall kit I know is the one made by Noris, a German company. Good luck finding such a kit! Besides, Noris kits are not exactly the best quality and it would probably be easier to add your own scratch-built fins to the V2 kit of your choice than to build the Noris kit stock.

The only Wasserfall kit I know is the one made by Noris, a German company. Good luck finding such a kit! Besides, Noris kits are not exactly the best quality and it would probably be easier to add your own scratch-built fins to the V2 kit of your choice than to build the Noris kit stock.
Thanks. I don't think the Norris kits are for me, so I'll follow you guys' advice and mod a V2.

I already have the V2 kit opened and slightly started. I'll have to think if I am ditching the stock V2 for the Wasserfall. Dilema! :y:

Woooaaaaah!

:)

Any link or pictures or thread around THIS huge baby?? really cool, I would love to listen and read about it.

Thx
Denis

I'll have to think if I am ditching the stock V2 for the Wasserfall. Dilema! :y:

Everyone has a V2 kit, there are not many Wasserfalls out there. Just be aware of the extra power and recovery requirements because of the extra nose weight needed to get the design stable.

This rocket is 1/3 scale and is based around an 8 inch filament wound tube with a 98mm mount. A lot of engineering went into this design as well as specialized machined parts. It was actually taken off of Wasserfall blueprints that we found and scaled down. A lot of people were skeptical with stability, but on each of the flights it was stable. Other improvements were made along the way, Last flight, was straight as an arrow, but it suffered a snapped shock cord, so booster came in hot and requires some repair. It looks like there is a filament wound nose cone now, so time to rebuilt with that. The original rocket was built with gel coated nose cone and boat tail.

Hello All! Interested in this forerunner of all SAMs! Back in the 1970's I was interested in modeling this rocket (EMW C2 W1 /W5 /W10) The model in the picture is the W5 variant and the last design before a smaller still W10 variant was to go into production. The W1 variant was the first to actually fly but sported a set of mid-fuselage fins that were offset 45 degrees from the rear most fins off of which the control rudders were mounted. Graphite exhaust vanes were only needed until it got up to speed for the rudders to have an effect. The Wasserfall was based directly off the V2 design but was 1/3 the size in the W1/5 variants. It was intended to use a hypergolic fuel/oxidizer that would ignite on contact and used tanks of nitrogen gas under high pressure to eliminate the complex turbines of the V2. Now as to the question of a model kit, there is one, well there are actually two from the same manufacturer, one for 18mm engines (A,B,C) and the other for 24mm (D). The name of the company is Noris Raketen. The web address that will get you right to these two and some other very interesting models is: https://noris-raketen.de/shop/category_5/Historische-Modelle.htm I would not, however, categorize these as exceptionally accurate models.

Now as to the question of a model kit, there is one, well there are actually two from the same manufacturer, one for 18mm engines (A,B,C) and the other for 24mm (D). The name of the company is Noris Raketen. The web address that will get you right to these two and some other very interesting models is: https://noris-raketen.de/shop/category_5/Historische-Modelle.htm I would not, however, categorize these as exceptionally accurate models.
As I previously said, building a Noris kit into a presentable model is slightly more challenging than scratch-building the thing yourself, and considerably harder than adding your own fins onto a better quality V2 kit, which is basically anybody else's kit. :lol:

Additionally, the Noris D-powered Wasserfall is not 24mm. The motor mount is for the German-built D7-3, which is 25mm. Or rather, was. They're not made any more. You'd either need to make your own motor mount or wrap lots of tape around any 24mm motor you want to use. The D7-3 was designed to comply with German law which requires a licence for any motor whose propellant is more than 20g. A D12 has about 25g. So the D7-3 was lighter than any 24mm motor you're likely to use, which means you'd need to add more nose weight..

Latest posts

Back