Interesting Conspiracy Theory - Covert Apollo 12 Stand-Up EVA (SEVA)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Campbell

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I found this conspiracy theory video. The film maker has strong supporting evidence that Pete Conrad and Alan Bean conducted a covert stand-up EVA on the Apollo 12 shortly after landing on the moon. I don't buy into the alien stuff, but I think he caught NASA red handed in a little white lie.

[video=youtube;kXkXCBiAHQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXkXCBiAHQ4[/video]

I recently found out while researching the Seawolf Missile that there is a Conspiracy Theory that one of them was used to shoot down TWA Flight 800.:facepalm:

Interesting stuff.

Launching rockets (or missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPad Air using Rocketry Forum.

The "standup EVA" occurred during Apollo 15. The reference to one ocurring during Apollo 12 is just a mistake in a paper written in 2006.

-- Roger

Watched the video. It seems reasonable that NASA would want a "backchannel" or even just a "backup" method of communication with the astronauts. And if an unscheduled or "covert" SEVA was done during Apollo 12, I'm not sure I understand what the big deal is other than

"OMFG THEY WERE REALLY LOOKING FOR ALIENS!!!! WHAT ELSE IS THE GOVERNMENT NOT TELLING US??!!!"

At least this one isn't positing that the entire Apollo program was a hoax, that the moon landings were filmed on a sound stage, and that spaceflight is impossible anyway because rockets can't work in space since they don't have any air to push against or something.

Last edited:
A *third* EVA....hmmmmmm? Maybe after a long trip like that I wouldn't want the record books to show that "Capt. Gus" stepped out onto the porch for a whizzola and, a smoke.
C'mon...quarter million mile trip and, such. What do you expect?:confused2:

Back