How to paint my Batray?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? No flight report from the field yet?

And don't give us that bogus "My cellphone had no reception" line either.

What? No flight report from the field yet?

And don't give us that bogus "My cellphone had no reception" line either.

Maybe it just ran out of power. Or Commissioner Gordon needed it to make an Emergency call...

(Also, I think he means next saturday :p )

Saturday November 1st... The wait just may kill me

Well, if you've got until November 1st, then you've got plenty of time to try the silver tip, find it doesn't work, sand everything away again, and repaint it back again to what you have now.

Well, if you've got until November 1st, then you've got plenty of time to try the silver tip, find it doesn't work, sand everything away again, and repaint it back again to what you have now.

DON'T Listen to him! Down that path lies madness! :p

Honestly, I'd leave it as is for now. It looks great. If you really want a silver tip, add it after the maiden flight (as a reward for coming home safely.) Make that rocket earn its final paint detail. :)

First Flight of the Super Batray... CTI 38mm, 3-Grain, I-180-Skidmark. 9-second delay (a touch long), and I added .5 grams BP to the charge just to be safe. Looked like everything was perfect. Recovered with a little field rash; a chunk of paint came off the top of the body tube in flakes. Probably due to chute dragging it a little in the field since there was no other damage to the tube. Great flight, lots of compliments on the paint. Thanks everyone for your support!
[video=youtube;dwAqDR9MZxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwAqDR9MZxg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I like the red fins,I did mine that way.Also painted the nosecone red.

It certainly was and still is a beautiful looking rocket. It was nice you meet you as well!

Latest posts

Back