llegrandudu and I

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Alrighty... As some of you know, I am in Germany at the moment. On vacation for about 2 weeks. Well, a few days ago, I was skimming over the forums, and saw that the city I was going to in a few days (Munich) is the same as the city location of one of our users on here (llegrandudu). What do I do but send him a PM, and figure out a time that we can meet. I ask my dad, and my dad agrees. :)

Initial plans were for me to go to his house (about 10 min from our hotel) and check out his rockets there, but scheduling disagreed with us, and it ended up he showed up to the hotel about 2045, where we went up to the hotel bar/lounge type thing and talked for a while. He brought along 2 of his rocketry club's stickers. The name of their club is "Bavarian Rocket Nerds". One of them is a rocket with nerdy glasses on. The other, well... umm... A picture is worth a thousand words:
DSC_0009 (1).jpg

I absolutely love it... Still figuring out where to put it. Bumper of the car, maybe? :p

The introduction (yeah, shut up. I know I have a stupid smile. :p)

DSC_0005.jpg

We ended up talking until about 2300, when finally they kicked us out of the lounge because they were closing. :)

He also may have converted me to hybrids. Cheap (after GSE) is the main thing that interested me.

TL;DR, llegrandudu is awesome. :)

Oh man I think that's the same hotel I stayed in when I was in Munich last summer for EUCASS. Me and Denis hung out and chatted rockets for hours, too! I'm jealous that you got a sticker though ;)

How very cool Matt! Now you can add "TRF Rocketry Ambassador" to your resume. Aye, bucko, ya made Papa Seagull verily proud 'o' ye!
(dang- still talkin' like a pirate, I am-gotta snap out of it!)

...Aye, bucko, ya made Papa Seagull verily proud 'o' ye!
Not very likely.

Check out your avatar. That one seems to go all the way down to the bone.

Argh!

Oops...must have been left over from Talk Like A Pirate Day (September 19).

^^^^^

Better? :p
How very cool Matt! Now you can add "TRF Rocketry Ambassador" to your resume. Aye, bucko, ya made Papa Seagull verily proud 'o' ye!

I am very jealous young man. ;) There's a gentleman i would like too meet someday and, learn a little more about hybrids! (Love his videos....)
Nice sticker too!

Now that's really cool...
How nice is that to meet someone you've exchanged ideas with for years...
That's what I love,, traveling to launches and meeting people I've dealt with many times...
But this blows away a launch a few hundred miles away...

Very Very cool both of you...

Teddy

Back