Burrito method???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CzTeacherMan

Reaction score
Did a search of TRF and could not find an explanation of how to pack a nomex protector using the burrito method, though many have referred to it, like it's common knowledge. I could ask at my next launch, but a response here with pictures would preserve the idea for posterity. Anyone feel like writing up dummy-proof instructions on how to pack a recovery system using the Burrito Method?

I, for one, was not very impressed with said burrito method. It wouldn't unfold and my chute never came out of it. One of the guys at a launch a few years back said, "Forget that idea. Just put the chute in the center and let the corners fold upward." Apparently he didn't like that method either.

I always use the burrito method and have had only one failure which was due to trying to cram an overly large chute into a small rocket.

Having learned a lesson the hard way, I now choose my chute sizes more wisely and have had no problems.

Here's the technique I like. I think the photos were found in posts here. I then compiled them into one, giving credit to the OP:

15206577337_e620c20b60_b.jpg

Back