Bleep bleep...I QUIT!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it were not for medical cannabis, I would probably be an invalid right now.

It quells the tremors and muscle twitches of the neurological condition I have. I have been using it since 2000, and held a career as well. So when you think about medical cannabis, think about the cool rocket designs and videos I make because I can still use my limbs, without it I can hardly walk.

I'm glad it gives you some relief. I've never used cannabis, but I believe it should be legalized. I've also signed many petitions to help to make sure that people who need it for medical reasons, are allowed to use it.

"Look at me" attitude is more descriptive of a cokehead...
Remember the 70's and early 80's... and Disco? Ha Ha! Enough said....

And drunks. Drunk people tend to be more attention seeking than stoned ones, I think. Typically people who are high do not want to call attention to themselves and would rather not be noticed at all.

This woman is from Alaska, and for a long time, Alaska had some of the most liberal cannabis laws in the country. They re-criminalized it again in 1990, then at some point legalized it again for medical use. Now legalization is on the ballot again this November in Alaska (and in Oregon and Washington, DC), and it looks very likely it will be legalized, regulated, and taxed like alcohol in Alaska. I'm pretty sure that most of the nation will go this way in a few years.

Prohibition of cannabis has had all the same failures that prohibition of alcohol had, namely that it creates a huge black market that drives money into organized crime. And that results in violence between different organized crime groups and and it also results in financing police corruption. It also ruins lives --- and not lives ruined by drug use --- lives ruined by being caught up in a legal system that sends young people to prison for smoking weed. Prohibition and the criminal penalties that come with it ruin more lives than weed does. Cannabis proihibition has been a terrible failure and has cost us billions of dollars for no good results whatsoever. It hasn't accomplished any of its goals, and has created more problems than it has solved, all at huge expense. Good riddance!

Regarding medical cannabis --- I have had 3 friends with MS, all of whom got relief from symptoms using cannabis. They also all completed college degrees and went on to great careers, despite their use of cannabis. I know for a fact that it cures nausea like you would not believe, because I have experienced that myself. That said, the medical pot laws in CA are indeed a joke and many people who have medical ID cards do not have legitimate medical needs. Certainly the same can be said for many people who have prescriptions for morphine, oxycontin, vicodin and other narcotics. In both cases, the fault is with doctors who prescribe medications for people who do not need them, and with patients who shop around until they find an unethical doctor who will give them the drugs they want. The difference is that abuse of prescription narcotics leads to addiction and death, while abuse of cannabis does not.

Of course, you can't hold the fact that there are unethical doctors and unethical patients against those patients who legitimately do need a medication, whether it be cannabis or a narcotic pain medicine. With cannabis, I think it's more a case of "I ruined it for everybody," in which recreational users have been willing to risk delegitimizing the medical cannabis experiment for the sake of their own enjoyment. Frankly, until it is legalized, I'd almost rather that recreational users continued to get it through illegal channels, even with the problems that causes, just because I'd hate to see a backlash deny cannabis to those who really need it. It will be legal soon enough.

Thirsty,,
+1 to both of your posts..
I can personally attest,,
It truly does stop the nausea..
and it does more then that..
It makes you not care quite as much about the nausea or why your nauseous....
I would not accept the Medical MJ card...
The cost of the MJ is not covered by the insurance that is paying for the 19 other drugs being pumped into you that are making you nauseous...
And there is such a negative stigmatism associated with it's use that I saw no benefit to document it's use...

Teddy

Medical research is sketchy on this area. I do not have an issue with legalization. I have an issue with how do test for it. I sure don't my pilot or surgeon using.

The other issue is smoking in public or around others. Bystander rights and child exposure are issues that will come up.

When my property sells I'm off to Brookings, Oregon. I'm in constant pain from diabetic neuropathy. My feet instead of going numb like most with neuropathy they are hyper sensitive. First thing I do every day is put on my shoes and the last thing is take them off. The idea of stubbing my toe or getting a cut.....well, you know. Plus carpel tunnel in both hands, my left hand is almost useless from lack of feeling....except for the pain. Sure, it can be operated on, all they can do is kill the nerves....no, thanks. To top it off the pills they have me on has me in a constant state of nausea and the only thing better than weed to stop the nausea is I think it's called Zophrin, a very expensive anti-nausea medicine meant for cancer patients.

I have an Oregon card already and make a monthly trip to Ontario, right across the border. I'm starting to recognize others from Idaho doing the same. Many park way away from the dispensaries and walk to them to prevent law enforcement from getting license plates, that's just how it is.

I plan to build rockets...maybe fly them, go fishing, just be retired. And as Led Zepplin said 40 years ago, "...smoke my stuff..."

Medical research is sketchy on this area. I do not have an issue with legalization. I have an issue with how do test for it. I sure don't my pilot or surgeon using.

The other issue is smoking in public or around others. Bystander rights and child exposure are issues that will come up.

Well, the research is sketchy at times because most of the laws around pot just outright banned research as well. And in those states where it was legal to research, obtaining it was hard if not illegal, thus making research illegal by default. As far as smoking in public, is it really an issue? I mean for the most part is is a real simple act to add amendments to any bill to tie it into any existing smoking laws on the books.

The only real issue is going to be testing, because pot does linger in the body , even after it is not having an effect on a person any more.

I sure don't my pilot or surgeon using.

Or...The Truck Driver with 28 years of pounding the highways of America with two trailers hooked to his Semi-Tractor.

We lose 1-2 drivers a year at my company (out of a pool of around 250) due to positive results on random drug tests....Stupid Monkeys...:no:

I AM a tobacco user (cigs) and, that's an issue i do need to correct but, i have NEVER felt a need to snort, inject or inhale ANY illegal drug over the course of my lifetime. That i'm very proud of.

I am so glad that Americas drunk driving laws have gotten so much more harsh over the years that i rarely see what i used to see 10 and, worse 20 years ago. I only fear that legalizing *M* for recreational purposes will put the reason to drive impaired into the hands of people who just don't care or think about the innocent lives of people around them.

I've already been creamed by one drunk driver...

He lost...I feel NO remorse.

Oh, one more thing about idiotic news broadcasts... I found this a few days ago so I am around a year late in joining this party, but this has to be one of the funniest, most idiotic things to happen in a news broadcast:

[video=youtube;lRR4AKT-XNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRR4AKT-XNM[/video]

Unbelievable! And this is from a major city TV station...

When my property sells I'm off to Brookings, Oregon. I'm in constant pain from diabetic neuropathy. My feet instead of going numb like most with neuropathy they are hyper sensitive. First thing I do every day is put on my shoes and the last thing is take them off. The idea of stubbing my toe or getting a cut.....well, you know.

Yeah, I know! I've gone past the "numb" stage to the "ice pick in the bottom of the feet" stage. Some days it's so painful I can't walk. The Dr. has me on hydrocodine and time-released morphine. The other drugs, the anti-seizure ones, don't work and the side effects (for me) make them worse than the problem. Hey, Dave, you going to have a spare room when you move?

Yeah, I know! I've gone past the "numb" stage to the "ice pick in the bottom of the feet" stage. Some days it's so painful I can't walk. The Dr. has me on hydrocodine and time-released morphine. The other drugs, the anti-seizure ones, don't work and the side effects (for me) make them worse than the problem. Hey, Dave, you going to have a spare room when you move?

...I just might. I hear you on the "anti-seizure" medication. 900 mg of Gaba-Pentan 3 times a day just makes me want to do nothing more than sit at my computer. Sitting here it's 30 minutes until my next dose and I just want to puke at the thought. Next time I see my doctor I'm going to insist on a pain-killer like Tramadol. It works the best of all I've tried, I know I wouldn't like Oxy's, hydrocodone, or any of the opiate pain-killers. They work best short term due to the increasing need for more and more as the tolerance builds up. Tramadol seemingly "disconnects" the pain, only way I can describe it. I was on a low dose and never had to increase it in the two years I took it. It was only last month the DEA managed to get Tramadol scheduled, it was unlisted. It is not a "fun" drug, you don't get stoned on it at all even if abused and strangely I haven't. Abusing means taking way more than you should and what do you do when you run out, you suffer until the next prescription....uuhhhh, no.

If I owned a private business that netted me more in one month than the reporter job pays in two years, I'd say the same thing she said. Expletive it, I quit. See ya at the yacht harbor.

As for some of you guy's preconceived notions about cannabis...

Pretty funny.

Last edited:
That was on the local news. An intern though it would be funny. Needless to say he got fired. There were also threats of a lawsuit against the station. (shock!) :y:

Oh, one more thing about idiotic news broadcasts... I found this a few days ago so I am around a year late in joining this party, but this has to be one of the funniest, most idiotic things to happen in a news broadcast:

Unbelievable! And this is from a major city TV station...

Back