Eye surgery pending

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Guys, in 20 minutes, I will have corrective laser surgery.

No more glasses for long distance vision.

Good luck to you! I've heard it's a scary concept, but everyone I know says that it has been completely worth it!!

I have hummed and hawed for years. I will still need reading glasses, but I am hoping for 20/20 distance.

I've been 20/17 combined since 1994 when I had PRK done--been glasses free ever since. No regrets whatsoever, so nice!

Good luck, and do post your progress as your vision stabilizes.

Eye guess Eye missed saying it before you went in for it...

Be Seeing your posts soon after the fact.

Eye'll say a prayer to have the Big Guy looking over you.

God Bless!
Jim

Delayed. Looks like another hour or so now. Doctor had to take care of an emergency.

Thank guys.

God Bless you Chuck,,,
It will go perfectly and you will absolutely love the results...
Prayers for you...

Teddy

Thanks. I need to post a review of your shock cords while leave. They were a hit.

When you have time Chuck,,
That's not what you should be concerned about now...
Right now just stay focused on how fantastic your going to be with this whole procedure...
How your going to wish you did it years ago...
How silly was it of you to be concerned or worried about actually having it done,,,
It was a piece of cake... time goes by,, it's done ,, and you get to enjoy the end result forever....

Teddy

I hope it goes well for you, Chuck!

Our oldest son had it done about a year ago and is very happy with the results, though he was miserable for a few days right afterwards.

-Kevin

I've been blowing this off for years. I was an aircraft mechanic for a few years and if you got a chip in your eye, they'd strap you to a chair, pin your eyelids back and gently try to remove the titanium burrs, aluminium chips or stainless steel slag. then they would stain the eyeball looking for lacerations or abrasions. It didn't (well it does really) matter if you had a shield, goggles or safety mask/hood, it would happen to everyone from time to time. These experiences made me very claustrophobic about somebody in my face. The one time I tried contacts, my wife could hear me three walls away telling them to get it out. Guess I'll see (with glasses-lol!) how Chuck does and then try to man up for this. I guess being hammered would be poor form, eh? Best wishes Doc!

Good luck. Best thing I ever did. Suffered from dry eyes for a few weeks, but now years later things are great.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

I have hummed and hawed for years. I will still need reading glasses, but I am hoping for 20/20 distance.

Yeah, until you get cataracts!! Seriously in my family, even though we don't had risk factors there is a risk of early cataracts. Mom had them at 55, brother had 'em at 50! I thought I'd get away with it but nooooooo. Couldn't read street signs and had to have implants at 54. Was very farsighted so the corneal surgery wouldn't help and had dry eye syndrome so contacts weren't an option when I was young. Am happy now. Kurt

Cataracts don't run in my family. Surgery over and went well. Vision is blurry but better. I'd guess z20/100. Tomorrow, it should be 20/40.

Chuck very glad you made it through. I had cataracts fixed in both eyes last Winter things went very well. only need glasses for reading. Have had glasses for 50 years before that. 2 weeks ago I was told I have a torn retina so was rushed to eye Doc. that same day to get some lazer work to seal it up. So far so good. Will know more on Thursday how it went.

Last edited:
Chuck,,
Go close you eyes and rest...
There's no reason for you to be reading a computer screen now...
Go in a dark room and close your eyes...

And take 2 Advil for when the numbing agent in your eyes wears off..........

Teddy

Wishing you quick recovery Chuck! Regards from the other side of the ocean...

Good to hear from you legranddudu. I went to bed and now my vision is 97% clear. This is amazing. One is a little blurrier than the other.

The most amazing thing is being able to see the most beautiful thing this morning. I have never been able to wake to see my wives face without the help of glasses.

I will abstain from recommending it until I see the final results. I have a little blurry vision in my left eye and a small foreign body sensation. Almost no pain.

Waking up and seeing is the most amazing thing ever.

I hope the healing goes well, and congrats. Night driving may be a little spooky for a bit. I had issues with halos for a short while after.

Chuck, i hope the healing goes well for you...I had both my eyes done 12 years ago and, although they never got quite right the first time, i had a second surgery done and, all is still well for me.

You may have some halos and, sensitivity to light like i did but, the brief uncomfortableness of the surgery wears off real quick and, things come full circle!

I've always liked Rayban sunglasses and, to celebrate my new life without glasses for the first time i could remember i went out and, bought a boatload of them.

Really neat to try on a pair of nice sunglasses and, walk out into the sun for the first time realizing....Hey, i don't have prescription lenses in these!

For the FIRST time in your life!:eek: Dang! I make Raybans L:cyclops::cyclops:K G:cyclops::cyclops:D!:rofl:

I had a flap revision this am. I had a bump in the flap that had to be removed. 20/20 in the right eye.

I got mine done for my 40th birthday, had halos for a few months driving at night but they faded and I love it.

Good to hear from you legranddudu. I went to bed and now my vision is 97% clear. This is amazing. One is a little blurrier than the other.

The most amazing thing is being able to see the most beautiful thing this morning. I have never been able to wake to see my wives face without the help of glasses.

Like :cool:-

Back