ROSCO 2014 Orangeburg SC

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
I don't know about all you guys, but flying in our area of the country, has had us dodging weather conditions for a few years. Fortunately, Freedom launch had tolerable weather this year. It was a really nice break for us. Now I'm hoping that we have fair winds and weather for the upcoming launch Oct 11 & 12. I'm trying to get some projects finished for this launch since it'll likely be my last one this year. I hope there's a good turnout this time. I have one on the bench I'd like to fly and some others that still need their maiden flights. This is my proposed new offering. It's the second addition to my "Muscle Finned" line, and prolly my last. This requires too much sanding for my likes. They do look pretty cool up front though. The drawing doesn't do it justice. Whose coming and wat-chu-bringin'?

Nexus Vortex.jpg

I will be there no matter the weather with better vision. Laser surgery Monday.

I hope your hearing has had time to come back :)

Nope. It is permanent. I can hear but I sure can't dampen loud sounds anymore on the left.

Nope. It is permanent. I can hear but I sure can't dampen loud sounds anymore on the left.
Let's just hope you don't get tinnitus from that episode. Sometimes that can be a real bear to deal with.

I'm surprised that not many have weighed in on this thread. This is usually a premium time of year (weather wise) to hit the sod. Being the 'Old Fart' that I am, I really don't care to launch rockets in really cold weather or really hot. So, I can appreciate the ROSCO Spring & Fall launches a great lot. Here's the other nubie on the bench. I hope to have it ready as well. This one is fixed for the Estes BP E16-6 motor, so I hope it does me well. I haven't flown these motors before. BTW, this 2D drawing lacks the 3 fin look is has and likely roll bars and stripes it'll prolly get.

Dynakiller Finished.jpg

I have had tinnitus since I can remember. It's amazing how loud the world is when it's dead silent!

Chuck, That boom was pretty loud from where I was sitting, and I don't know how close you really were to it. I hope for your sake, it's a temporary thing. If either you or Jim suffer with insomnia also, know this. On sleepless nights, insomnia coupled with tinnitus only turns up the volume. You might as well just forget a good nights sleep and do the best you can at getting the best disturbed rest you can. Not a fun scenario for sure, but it's something I deal with.

Gary, it doesn't really bother me. I spent several years of my youth running the sound board for local bar bands, so some of my best sleep occurs when you can hardly hear yourself think. I spent many a night going to sleep with the headphones cranked. No wonder the world is so loud now huh???

I am hoping to be there. Finishing up a LOC Forte that is extended for Dual deploy. Don't know if I will fly the Der Drei Max or not.

So
LOC Forte (??)
4 pods
Ginger dwarf
Big bertha and Bigger bertha
Mega Mosquito (if I can get the F44 to light this time)
Der Red Max (24mm mount)
Duck Dodgers

It is getting better, but I still have ringing and a poor ability to dampen sounds. Loud noises hurt.

I will be there if my work schedule agrees. I plan on using another vacation day and attending the November research launch for sure. I Have a large research K already built for that. I also plan another excursion into the wood to look for the V2. I guess I should get me a hunter orange vest incase there are any hunters. Not exactly sure when deer season starts in SC.

Sorry. Folks in the Army say I can be gruff but that was ridiculous.

I have to withdraw, I will be working with kids at Roper mountain for Star Wars Day. Stomp rockets to deliver a payload to starving islanders. This should go well. :)

As long as the weather holds out, I'm still planning on it. The mechanic just found the mysterious leak in the vans waterworks, so that was fixed today. Thought I was going to have to do a rental. :y: May there be no winds, and precipitation takes a back seat!

What explosion?, what happened?

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Latest posts

Back