CTI propellant type descriptions?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex R

LV2
Reaction score
ok, so a while back someone put together a thread giving a capsule (25 words or less) description of the various types of propellant...at the time I was (and still am) an AT guy so didn't pay much attention to the CTI stuff. today I got a CTI 29mm starter kit, anyone know where I can find descriptions for the CTI motors(links would be nice)? thanks,
Rex

+1 for the CTI website >> https://www.pro38.com/ <<

I use the CTI website a lot to look at the motor selections, even though the propellant photos are a bit dated...

The 29mm starter set is pretty nice. It allows you to fly about 26 motors F - H. You can add a bunch more and up to "I" impulse by adding the 6-grain case. :)

I started flying AT exclusively... - but over the years I add to my CTI collection whenever Wildman has a special.
Now I have six CTI cases (24mm - 38mm) with spacers. I can fly 'bout a zillion different motors. CTI does have a big variety.

DSCN0472.jpg

hmm, there certainly appears to be quite the assortment...maybe for now I should concentrate on what they do (thrust curves)1st, and worry about looks 2nd. thank you folks,
Rex

I noticed they are located in Sarasota Fl, not far from me- can loads be purchased there to avoid delivery and haz mat ?

I noticed they are located in Sarasota Fl, not far from me- can loads be purchased there to avoid delivery and haz mat ?

To the best of my knowledge, CTI motors are manufactured at there facility in Gormley Ontario.

To the best of my knowledge, CTI motors are manufactured at there facility in Gormley Ontario.
Absolutely correct. CTI USA is located in Sarasota, FL. but all manufacturing is done at the Canadian factory in Gormley, Ontario.

Bob

Back