OpenRocket 14.06 help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handeman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I messed up when I was adding a body tube. When I selected the material I selected Custom which let me add a material and density for that material. The problem is, I entered the wrong density and check the box Add material to Database.

How do I go back and remove that custom material from the database? Can I edit that database directly?

Assuming you are using Windows and the same user account that was used to create the entry, start the registry editor and look here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\/Open/Rocket\user/Materials

You can find more information about potential locations here (at least I hope so, because I'm not sure about the implementation of OR in particular):
https://mindprod.com/jgloss/preferences.html

Reinhard

Assuming you are using Windows and the same user account that was used to create the entry, start the registry editor and look here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\/Open/Rocket\user/Materials

You can find more information about potential locations here (at least I hope so, because I'm not sure about the implementation of OR in particular):
https://mindprod.com/jgloss/preferences.html

Reinhard

I don't have issues with editing the window registry, but that seems like a very extremely poor method for recording data for a program when that data should be user editable.

That method works, but.... :facepalm:

I don't have issues with editing the window registry, but that seems like a very extremely poor method for recording data for a program when that data should be user editable.

That method works, but.... :facepalm:

The facepalm emoticon was very appropriate, because I deserved it. Apparently, I'd rather spend a couple of minutes to "reverse engineer" a program instead of making an educated guess to find it out in less than 10 seconds.

In OR
Edit -> Preferences -> Materials

Reinhard

Last edited:
The facepalm emoticon was very appropriate, because I deserved it. Apparently, I'd rather spend a couple of minutes to "reverse engineer" a program instead of making an educated guess to find it out in less than 10 seconds.

In OR
Edit -> Preferences -> Materials

Reinhard

Me too! :facepalm: Should have found that!

Back