New rocket qcc explorer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great rocket. Flies beautiful with aerotech E-18's and F-12's.
Pretty big kit for the money too, I just wish I thought ahead and made a proper av-bay in mine when I first built it.
Not having much luck retrofitting one cleanly.

-Hans

Excellent kit, its a fun build and fly's fantastic !!
I've rebuilt mine 3 times, cause of those Estes E-12 motors that were bad.
Blown the nose cone shoulder off once, blown the motor mount out twice, stuck a hunk of balsa in there, rebuilt the MM, and she's fine, good as new!

Last edited:
Excellent kit, its a fun build and fly's fantastic !!
I've rebuilt mine 3 times, cause of those Estes E-12 motors that were bad.
Blown the nose cone shoulder off once, blown the motor mount out twice, stuck a hunk of balsa in there, rebuilt the MM, and she's fine, good as new!

Did they fix the e-12 motors

I'm probably going to rebuild mine a bit to put in an altimeter bay. Tried doing one in the nose cone but didn't like the results.

I believe so, I'm still working through the ones I bought a while ago, that were in that bad batch.

It will fly on really any 24mm BP motor. But it 'comes alive' on composite e's and f's.
Just don't overdo things with chute size, as you will be hitting 1,500ft or higher without much effort, and it already has a wide profile to catch side winds.

-Hans

Im going to do my own detail them water decals They need to find a better way i Had a hell of a time

Back