OK Fellow Rocketeers- Support Needed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a lot of rockets ... but I do have no credit card debt. Zero, none. Credit rating of 837 last time I looked. I donate over $20k a year to my church and other charities. I'll have my mortgage paid off in four years, and when my two kids get old enough to go to college, they'll each have their four-year degrees paid for. So I have nothing to complain about.

Maybe you should consider curtailing your financial goals and increasing your rocket budget by $50,000 per year.

A hobby that involves designing, planning, construction, decorating, launching, exercise and fresh air can't be all that bad.

It's a rewarding in many respects.

I'm still amazed that I can build something on the kitchen table that can go 500 miles per hour. Vertically.

People sometimes ask me what is the purpose of rocketry. In my case, for example, you spend $30+ to launch $400 of parts into the air, and that $400 may or may not come back. That $30 glory lasts for about 1 or 2 minutes. :)

People look at me crazy when I say this. I just smile and invite them to a launch. This is the case assuming they didn't run away because I mentioned the "r" word... :p

People sometimes ask me what is the purpose of rocketry. In my case, for example, you spend $30+ to launch $400 of parts into the air, and that $400 may or may not come back. That $30 glory lasts for about 1 or 2 minutes. :)

People look at me crazy when I say this. I just smile and invite them to a launch. This is the case assuming they didn't run away because I mentioned the "r" word... :p

I told people that the motor for my 3rd level rocket cost $100 a second to burn... That's when I got the your nucking futz look ;)

I am glad your wife is your biggest supporter of your hobby!
She is a great partner to have by your side. Good Luck!!

I told people that the motor for my 3rd level rocket cost $100 a second to burn... That's when I got the your nucking futz look ;)
I tell people that I burned $35 in 0.7 seconds and $25 in under a half of a second in an H399 and a H410. THAT gets crazy looks. About $50 or so per second. :)

I get the your nucking futz look all of the time. Then I tell them about the 025,000. That is like $3500 I think for about 1 second.

I obsess over rockets. I used to obsess over other things... My wife appreciates my no longer obsessing over her messes because I'm making my own...

Back