State by state beer ranking

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our beer may suck at #15... But you ain't never tasted our 'shine... :p

I thought Vermont would rank better. We have the Highest number of Micro Breweries Per Capita of any State, and every Evening our Local News seems to have a Segment about Beer and Micro Breweries.

The best beers in the country are the ones that I don't have to drink.

Last edited:
Tonight the Local News, WCAX, is going to the Long Trail Brewery. I wish they'de just stick to News.

I lived in Washington for 4 years and OR for 9. I learned to homebrew in OR. Yes, it is the Beeriest state in the country. It is 2nd in hops production (WA is #1) and has some of biggest yeast producers as well. You can get an AS in Brewing from multiple community colleges. They not only have lots of breweries and brewpubs, they have built the infrastructure for the industry to thrive.

I used to live in Salem, and agree with the Article about Salem sucking cause it doesn't have breweries or brewpubs (they actually have a couple, but by OR standards, that is low). But that may be partly because they are surrounded by the wine country and only 50 - 60 miles from 90% of all the breweries in the state. It never stopped me from drinking a lot of great beer in Salem.

Last edited:
What! #35? I gotta help change that! 😄

Launching rockets (or missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPad Air using Rocketry Forum.

I refuse to join Thrillist/potlist or any other spam that covers the data and has no way out but to join. I don't care where my state is ranked. The local stores have an excellent selection so I'm happy.

LOL- I've been waiting for YOU to post-Thanks, my faith has been restored!

Ha ha! You can count on me!

My wife and I have been steering clear of booze for the month of September in an effort to lose weight, which seems to be paying off. But come October, I want Blackbrandt to send me a pint o' 'shine, and I'm making a beeline for the brewpubs of Oregon! I'm THIRSTY!!!

I used to think that Arcata, CA and the Humboldt county area must have the highest per-capita concentration of brewpubs and breweries in the universe --- small town with lots of breweries. But then this summer I visited Bend, Oregon. That place is nuts! They have a Beer Trail, or something like that, and if you visit all 14 of the breweries in town, they will award you with a silicone rubber pint "glass." I'm thinking they went with a rubber glass because they fully expect you to fall flat on your face, and you might end up smashing a real glass.

Ya know... Being in germany at the moment, Oktoberfest (the real thing, not the launch in CA) is starting in like 1 day... Are ya jealous of the beer here yet?

Last nights Local News had a "Spotlight" on a IPA that is made with Coffee. Coffee Beer.
I rarely drink anything anymore, but if I was going to try a Beer, it would be that one just to find out what it tastes like.
I never liked India Pale Ales, and always found it amusing that they all typically have the Odor of Cat Urine.

Last nights Local News had a "Spotlight" on a IPA that is made with Coffee. Coffee Beer.
I rarely drink anything anymore, but if I was going to try a Beer, it would be that one just to find out what it tastes like.
I never liked India Pale Ales, and always found it amusing that they all typically have the Odor of Cat Urine.
Hmmm- brings new meaning to 'I.P. Ales' don't it??

I am surprised that WarnerR hasnt chimed in with his favorites .. and local IPA favorites.

He actually lives close to a top shelf brewery..but has found better and doesnt frequent there.

Kenny

I thought Vermont would rank better. We have the Highest number of Micro Breweries Per Capita of any State, and every Evening our Local News seems to have a Segment about Beer and Micro Breweries.

Quantity does not mean quality. Especially in the sense of beer. I'm actually quite disappointed with most Vermont breweries, apart from a few offerings from Magic Hat.

My opinion is that Pennsylvania is the best. Victory is unmatched.

Back