Quick question about RockSim

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronKnees

Reaction score
Hi, I bought RockSim and have been playing around with it trying to learn at least the basic functions.. My question is, there are several two-letter (acronyms) , single letters, and
symbols that I'm trying to find the meaning of. Can't seem to find a legend or index listing them... Thanks so much. Dave

Red circle=CP, White/blue circle=CG, M= mass (shock cord etc.) P=parachute ?? You have to list what you want to know!!

Red circle=CP, White/blue circle=CG, M= mass (shock cord etc.) P=parachute ?? You have to list what you want to know!![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the reply. "Can't seem to find a legend or index listing them." Asking where a legend or index can be found isn't clear?" Seems pretty simple and clear to me... ... There is a long list of things that I want from an index, or legend which I didn't want to trouble anyone with..

Last edited:
Okay, I realize and have been going through the tutorials.. I've been using the tutorials for over a week now... Again, I simply want to find an index of terms... Don't worry about it... I'll find what I'm looking for eventually...

Okay, I realize and have been going through the tutorials.. I've been using the tutorials for over a week now... Again, I simply want to find an index of terms... Don't worry about it... I'll find what I'm looking for eventually...

Yeah, the RS documentation is not the best. I suggest reading through Stine's handbook of model rocketry, the Apogee newsletters, or Google searches to familiarize yourself with the nomenclature.

Thank you SamB and buckeye... Finally a friendly reply... Appreciate it.

Hi, I bought RockSim and have been playing around with it trying to learn at least the basic functions.. My question is, there are several two-letter (acronyms) , single letters, and
symbols that I'm trying to find the meaning of
. Can't seem to find a legend or index listing them... Thanks so much. Dave

Red circle=CP, White/blue circle=CG, M= mass (shock cord etc.) P=parachute ?? You have to list what you want to know!!

Now I feel Bad!! I was trying to help out, thought that all you might have been concerned about was some of the items I listed. I took your "several" as the few items shown on the design layout. Just wanted to know exactly what you were questioning as to further help out. Sorry you misunderstood my post as not friendly, it was not meant to be that way.

symbols that I'm trying to find the meaning of. Can't seem to find a legend or index listing them... Thanks so much. Dave
Apogee's support is great. They have a form to submit questions on their web page.

Great,,, Thanks so much.. I'm sure I can find what I need there... I'm a retired pilot, and the problem I've been having is the things I am very familiar with are called by a different name and or acronym... The M and P I think I had already made that assumption but was trying my best to find the noeinclature so as to be on track... rcktnut, No worries man... I've been down with the flu for several days and probably shouldn't have been on here in the first place...

Back