This forum

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronKnees

Reaction score
Hi, Dave Quick here from Indiana. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying push, nor am I chomping at the bit.. Simply out of curiosity, how many posts are necessary until I can set my profile and preferences? Thanks, Have a good evening, and PLEASE don't catch this blasted cold I have.. I sound like the Aflac duck gettin a prostate exam... :wink:

Hi, Dave Quick here from Indiana. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying push, nor am I chomping at the bit.. Simply out of curiosity, how many posts are necessary until I can set my profile and preferences? Thanks, Have a good evening, and PLEASE don't catch this blasted cold I have.. I sound like the Aflac duck gettin a prostate exam... :wink:

25 posts.

Welcome to the forum for sure....
Best place for rocketry info on the planet....

Teddy

Thanks so much for the welcome.. I'm not new to rocketry, but I am new to high power, so will probably have many questions.... Thanks again.

Thanks so much for the welcome.. I'm not new to rocketry, but I am new to high power, so will probably have many questions.... Thanks again.

Hi Dave, RTF is the place to ask questions. Moving to high power rocketry from mod-rocks you will discover almost every skill you mastered in mod-rocks will hamper you in high power :) So don't be afraid to ask WHY something happened and ask a LOT of people (everyone will give you a different answer)

Understood. Thanks so much... I can't set up my profile yet, so here is a pic of me and my lovely bride of 42 years...Dave

DaveandBeckyKauak2007aaaa.jpg

Welcome! Have any idea what type of rocket you want to build to get into HPR? We'll all be more than happy to offer our totally objective ( yea, right :) ) advice, But things like how high and fast you want to go, and what your recovery field is like will dictate the best ways to proceed.

Yep... Mad Cow DX3 is in process right now... Probably half way done at this point.

Welcome to the madness... or is it an addiction. I just got my first 15000ft and Mach+ flights, and the addiction is stronger than ever!!!

I rejoined rocketry after half a lifetime back in August... The person who turned me on to TRF had it right... TRF is a place to ask questions and get lots of answers that you didn't ask for. But it's all valuable...
Since, I've asked every dumb question I can think of and gotten nothing but stupendous help. I'm already starting to plan my L2 certification...

Back