F-18's

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen similar videos from the same location. It must be a Military Training route that operates on a known schedule.

Bob

WARNING! Audio is NSFW...

A little warning may prevent... ahem... unpleasant situations.

After being stationed at Miramar for 8 years I still won't ever take those for granted, i loved every moment watching them fly, and working on them.

Now picture the people taking the video instead had man-portable, shoulder fired surface to air missiles. That belly shot of a Super Hornet would have been devastating; the pilot never would have known what took the jet out. And, those non-stealthy Super Hornets might have been hiding from SAMs in that canyon, but the F-22/F-35 parked at/above 40k could see those fast movers against the ground clutter quite well...and so can the AIM-120.

Not very tactically useful, it sure looked cool.

While the video was cool I'm so tired of hearing the cursing on every other Youtube video these days. I was watching some videos taken by a friend's junior high aged son the other day and every launch some foul mouth had to drop a few F bombs. :sigh:

Back