Open Rocket: Question 2 Display a page in this forum?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cecil

Reaction score
OK, guys, I warned you I'd be back. I have a question about a page in Open Rocket, but in order to ask the question I need to display that page with my question. I've tried copy and paste without success. Remember you're talking to a two-year old.

A better option is snipping tool. Comes default on Windows Machines. Move your mouse to the lower Left hand corner (Windows Button), click, and type "Snipping Tool". Hit enter. Hit Ctrl+N, move the mouse to cover the area you want to take a picture of, hit ctrl s to save it, and post it as shown here.

Thanks!

Matt

Rex R,

SnapShot Arreaux.jpgIf you see a design, I've found a way through SnapShot plus your excellent advice. Ah, it worked. Now let me try to repeat the process.

Last edited:
The file that ends in .ork, is the actual OpenRocket file for your rocket. If you attach that one in your post, then other members can download it and open it in OpenRocket.

The picture is the one that ends in .jpg. If you attach that one in your post (or use the add picture feature), then other members can see the picture.

The file that ends in .ork, is the actual OpenRocket file for your rocket. If you attach that one in your post, then other members can download it and open it in OpenRocket.

The picture is the one that ends in .jpg. If you attach that one in your post (or use the add picture feature), then other members can see the picture.

I must have used the "add picture feature" accidentally because I thought I went straight from the OR .ork file to the picture posted. Entangled again.

View attachment aerotech_barracuda.ork

I'm going to try to find out what I did the first time, so I can understand how it got posted. As an .ork file, it should not have and all my rocket files are .ork.

A better option is snipping tool. Comes default on Windows Machines. Move your mouse to the lower Left hand corner (Windows Button), click, and type "Snipping Tool". Hit enter. Hit Ctrl+N, move the mouse to cover the area you want to take a picture of, hit ctrl s to save it, and post it as shown here.

Thanks!

Matt

Matt, trying to follow you, I'll reach the what's posted. Somehow "cancel" doesn't work after I post and then try to edit.

Barracuda.jpg

Holy Glory! It worked. Thanks to both you and Thirsty for your patience. Now here's my OR question: notice the blue symbols for mass component besides some features of the rocket design. I appears that everything above the blue symbol is acknowledged to participate in the summed center of gravity, but what about the components beneath the fins? And how are these symbols posted in the first place? Because I'm trying to duplicate a design in order to understand how the program works is the reason I'm asking.

Last edited:
ah yes the handy symbols showing which parts have an over ride applied (and which over ride it is). handy when working with someone else's design file. from a brief experiment it would seem that the symbols appear after you apply the over ride And save the file, the next time you open the program and open the file. mass and cg over rides are the oops the rocket as built doesn't match the simulation.
normally you design the rocket(and if you want to get fancy, weigh & measure all the parts), build it, then adjust the mass and cg in the design file to match the as built rocket. saves a fair amount of time.
Rex

from a brief experiment it would seem that the symbols appear after you apply the over ride And save the file, the next time you open the program and open the file.

Rex, that is a refresh bug that I'm aware of. There are other conditions which will cause those symbols to magically appear without saving - like adding a new component.

Kevin

wasn't complaining, I can usually remember where I applied an over ride during a session...afterward is another story :). was trying to explain how it works currently. I'm sure that you will get it sorted out in due time(or may have it fixed already), anywho not an urgent problem for me.
Rex

ah yes the handy symbols showing which parts have an over ride applied (and which over ride it is). handy when working with someone else's design file. from a brief experiment it would seem that the symbols appear after you apply the over ride And save the file, the next time you open the program and open the file. mass and cg over rides are the oops the rocket as built doesn't match the simulation.
normally you design the rocket(and if you want to get fancy, weigh & measure all the parts), build it, then adjust the mass and cg in the design file to match the as built rocket. saves a fair amount of time.
Rex

Great answer, Rex. I really appreciate all your help.

Latest posts

Back