Come launch with Woosh on 9-20 & 21 2014

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rrwjr

Reaction score
Come join Woosh this Saturday & Sunday September 20-21 at Richard Bong State Park -AKA- Bong. We'll have rails and rods of assorted sizes . Your welcome to fly LPR,MPR, and HPR. Now is your last chance to get acquainted with our new launch site for 2014. It is Wisconsin- so bring everything from sunscreen and shorts, to a hat and coat .
Our on site vendor Tim from Wildman hobbies will be there tempting all with motors, kits, and other supplies.

Look for more information including weather related updates at www.Wooshrocketry.org

I'll try to make it out, assuming my work schedule and the weather cooperates. What hours is it going on sat + sun?

I'll try to make it out, assuming my work schedule and the weather cooperates. What hours is it going on sat + sun?

Launching will start at 10:00 am on Saturday and Sunday. ( range set-up on Saturday around 9:00 am). Launch ends on Saturday & Sunday usually between 3:00 and 4:00 ( range take -down on Sunday immediately after).

I've fixed the hook for the tree pole, what in god's name happened to that thing? Try to bring down the whole tree?!?

I've fixed the hook for the tree pole, what in god's name happened to that thing? Try to bring down the whole tree?!?

Thanks for fixing that Chad. I believe someone was trying to really stretch its capabilities and found its breaking point. You bringing your water retrieval tool?

Thanks for fixing that Chad. I believe someone was trying to really stretch its capabilities and found its breaking point. You bringing your water retrieval tool?
Thanks for the reminder, I need to make up something a bit more "user friendly" for that.

Launching will start at 10:00 am on Saturday and Sunday. ( range set-up on Saturday around 9:00 am). Launch ends on Saturday & Sunday usually between 3:00 and 4:00 ( range take -down on Sunday immediately after).

I'll be there for sure (Saturday)! Can't wait to see your Batray! Mine is just about finished being built. Might even have Primer on it by Saturday.
Any problem with me and my son showing up a little early to help with setup? Anxious to put faces with TRF names. :-D

I'll be there for sure (Saturday)! Can't wait to see your Batray! Mine is just about finished being built. Might even have Primer on it by Saturday.
Any problem with me and my son showing up a little early to help with setup? Anxious to put faces with TRF names. :-D

Your certainly welcome to help with set-up. We usually start around 8:30 to 9:00 am. You'll find we are a pretty friendly group. I think you may be confusing me with Rex. Rex has the Batray. I hope he'll be out there but I haven't heard from him yet.

and some of us actually wear name tags :), I need to pick up my Bday prezzy from Tim...or to be more accurate the items I ordered as my present. I have no idea if Tim (or anyone else) has plans for doing anything but fly rockets/socialize :).
Rex

If this being the last launch of the season has you down, there is a ray of sunshine - or cholesterol... Tim is bringing his grill and a big pile of central Illinois corn-fed to top it! Yup, Tim's annual customer appreciation lunch! Come on out, grab a steak sandwich, fly a rocket - doesn't get much better than that! Lunch is in the plan for Saturday, Sunday if the weather does not cooperate. Dishes to pass are always welcome, though certainly not required. (I love potato salad) See Ya' There!

Darn I wish I could make it. Gotta work tomorrow, and the GF has way too many plans for me on Sunday, none of which I can weasel out of...

Adrian

Am I losing my mind?
I swear I thought I saw a post from our good friend Gus and talk of an appearance. I went to reply to it and now I don't see the thread. Was I dreaming?
Is Gus playing mind Jeti games? :confused2:
Did I indulge in one to many adult beverages?:surprised:
Maybe the epoxy fumes are worse down here( in the rocket room) than I realize.

Darn I wish I could make it. Gotta work tomorrow, and the GF has way too many plans for me on Sunday, none of which I can weasel out of...

Adrian

Bummer Adrian. What's the worst thing that happens if you bail on those plans with the GF on Sunday? It can't get any worse then me with a current 0 for 2014 "scoring" average ( if you know what I mean). Although my scoreless drought has more to do with all that spending I do in the Wildman trailer.
Guess its MWP when I'll see you next.

Am I losing my mind?
I swear I thought I saw a post from our good friend Gus and talk of an appearance. I went to reply to it and now I don't see the thread. Was I dreaming?
Is Gus playing mind Jeti games? :confused2:
Did I indulge in one to many adult beverages?:surprised:
Maybe the epoxy fumes are worse down here( in the rocket room) than I realize.

I saw that post too. Was thinking I could try to bail on the GF using the " I need to see Gus excuse", but now...

Adrian

Russ, Adrian.....your eyes did not deceive you. I did have to retract my post due to: "Duh"....

Explanation- Just got back from vacation, going a million miles in circles around here trying to get things done, lost track of time/dates...

It's actually NEXT weekend that i was planning to be there.

Duh....

If someone sees me anytime soon, grab me and, hold me till the other Gus catches up.
(Somedays it's THAT bad ...)

Had a great launch! Only lost the Estes Rampage :( ... A few dings and scratches to fix up, but otherwise had a really fun day!
Thanks to WHOOSH for putting it all together! Thanks to Wildman for the steak sandwiches (they were DELICIOUS!). Thanks, especially to Rex for all the help with the reloads; I learned a ton today, and my day would've ended much worse if it weren't for your help!
Link to my video playlist is below... The one with the Lil' Nuke failure has not been included due to my language...
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx7yWAPgkjQOlxxu6iovRYupsCqLMm_wd

Back