Ventris Kit Bash

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blades

Reaction score
I picked up a Ventris, a Leviathan, and some extra tubes in the latest Estes sale with the express intention to bash both kits. I was particularly excited about the Ventris, because I had in mind doing an upscale starship inspired by the Icarus from Shrox. I'm saving the pre-slotted tube for some other project, slotting a new one and adding one more 2" tube to stretch the body a bit. A 3" tube was cut for the Bussard Collector and a BT55 tube and cone were used for the smaller pod. Most of the parts are cut out and the motor mount is drying. I will be doing some major assembly tomorrow.
2014-09-15 14.32.40.jpg

Can't wait to see more!

Launching rockets (or missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPad Air using Rocketry Forum.

This is going to be cool. You are going to need a very big ping pong ball.

I thought about that. Around Christmas, Coke puts out ornament-shaped bottles. I saved one last year with the thought of using it for the crew module of the Odyssey from 2001 (haven't gotten to that project yet). It's a bit large for a upscale ping pong ball, but not overwhelmingly so. Haven't quite decided if I'm going to use it, though. We'll see.

Here's the fin section done. Some cosmetic additions are probably on the way.

2014-09-17 13.20.32.jpg 2014-09-17 13.20.20.jpg

Finally got some more work done. This is the basic design, standing 68" tall and breaking at the mid-point for the chutes. Some detail work needs to be done yet, antennae, surface panels, etc.

2014-10-13 14.11.11.jpg 2014-10-13 14.11.33.jpg

Nice. Are you going to replicate the ping pong ball to scale?
Thought about it, but no. While incorporating some of the details of the Icarus, this is not a true upscale.

Back