For all you boaters out there...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
How's this for hitting a wake... And BTW, is that captain Troj?

[YOUTUBE]BB5LXF0c__g[/YOUTUBE]

I've done some stupid stuff in my boat but you have to be an idiot to do that..... and ya that must have really REALY hurt!!

Hijacking the thread...

Here's something a lot more fun and a lot less violent (but you can still be stupid...)

[video=youtube;YZU_SqMW_5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZU_SqMW_5Y[/video]

[video=youtube;IcOzUn3-mrI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcOzUn3-mrI[/video]

I told my sister "I'm selling the house and car, turning the cat loose, and moving to Australia". Krusty, you have an extra bedroom?

Looked like hit hit a wake from a like sized boat at 90° it should have cut power and went in at 45°. I don't miss my boat at all , living in south Fla a 56' marionette fly bridge . Twin 400hp cat .

Too much boat for the stud. The Fountain go-fast boats will do between 88-100+ mph and stuff happens fast at those speeds. There's another youtube video where another stud was thrown clear out of the boat doing something stupid like this. I wonder what the medical bills were after the crash. I'd be surprised if one or two of them didn't get cracked ribs when they got thrown across the boat. Ouch.

Bob

Thanks for the laugh. Had a hell of a day, and that video just brightened it up.

Stupid idiots. Some people think that driving a boat is so simple and easy. Then, I end up taking them to hospital.

Stupid and just showing off!! When we lived in Ga. we fished Lanier a lot!!, a big lake with a lot of big boats that make big wakes, with stupid show offs at the helm. ( by the way , you are responsible for your wake around stationary objects and near by boats or property), That said, my bass boat--on slick water would run 80+. Early morning was great but mid day I always backed her down to about 60% power because of the waves. That little tip does a couple things for you--1-your not on the ragged edge--2--you have a ton of throttle response to get you out off trouble. Oh yea, jumping a wake is just plain stupid. If your faster than the boat in front you that you are approaching-- go over the wake at a shallow angle and throttle up as you go over. I'm rambling, boat safety is huge in my book. Water is a non-compressible so you only displace it---your riding on concrete.

Idiots....wonder if alcohol was involved. My guess is YES! Main reason I don't boat on the Mississippi here in Dubuque. Too much alcohol on the water!

Of course, the driver could have just been a moron too, which is more likely.

Or an inebriated moron.....

Launching rockets (or missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPad Air using Rocketry Forum.

I was a fishing charter captain when I lived in Fla. and I've seen my share of people that had no business being behind the wheel of a boat. I now live on Grand Lake of the Cherokee's in OK and I found that the waves on this lake can rival the waves on the gulf. We don't take our boat out on holiday weekends, it's way too rough and too many idiots!

download.jpg
Looked like hit hit a wake from a like sized boat at 90° it should have cut power and went in at 45°. I don't miss my boat at all , living in south Fla a 56' marionette fly bridge . Twin 400hp cat .

WOW Chris, you must have been living the dream......or just dreaming???

Last edited:
Back