Help with modified MDRM stability

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant by the 30fps. Design in general no issues. I also have a tendency to overbuild everything , so I found I can't use a lot of recommended motors at times.

Thanks, Russell. I thought that was what you meant, but had to check!

Mine always come out heavier than I expect, mostly due to lots of paint, but I've never had to worry about the stability. This time I made a lot of design changes and did not realize how much weight I was adding. Plus because, these were modifications that I thought might make the rocket more susceptible to damage, I definitely overbuilt a bit. Wow! It really added up!

Eric, you going to be at the meeting tomorrow? If not, I'll meet you at the launch- I'm the guy with the Decaffinator. I'm teaching a rocketry class to some people at my school so the table I use for setup will have an "AFE" sign.

Eric, you going to be at the meeting tomorrow? If not, I'll meet you at the launch- I'm the guy with the Decaffinator. I'm teaching a rocketry class to some people at my school so the table I use for setup will have an "AFE" sign.

I won't be at the meeting, but I'm still planning to be at the launch. I'm the guy in the avatar pic, but I won't be wearing the horns! I'm blond and pale, with a slightly pinkish hue, especially after a few hours on the taxiway. I'll be wearing a hat for sun and probably a long-sleeve shirt. Assuming my guests actually can make it, which is not confirmed yet, I will be with a group --- my wife, another couple, and two boys. Even if they don't make it, I'm planning to go. I'm hoping to get there right about 9am and meet up with Mr. G to see about some motors. What is your non-TRF name?

You would take into account all the components of the rocket that are not tubes. Such as nosecones on the pods. You would have to adjust for their smaller size, so the C_N is not 2, but 2 * (d_p^2 / d^2) with d_p being the pod cone diameter and d being the main body tube diameter. The x_N is, for an ogive, 0.466 L_p + x_p with L_p the length of the nosecone on the pod and x_p the location of the pod nosecone tip in the rocket coordinate system.

Your location of the CG is correct, if the CP is calculated correctly.

Oliver

Back