Indiana Rocketry Oct 18-19th Ash Grove Launch!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even Ran on the track with the NBA star Rick Smitts (he was running a 250 that day.)ect. ect. ect. But I won a Novice 125 class vintage championchip:D

He would have to ride a 250cc (minimum) to get that big *** of his around any track! :rofl:

Pretty IMPRESSIVE list! :point:

He looks like a circus bear on a tricycle. But he is a great guy to B.S. with in the pits. Also Jeff Smith World MX champ 70 and 71 can put away a number
Of Mrs. Bobs cookies.
Mr. Bob
You know the rest

We are going to be checking the launch field condition this weekend. The soy beans have been harvested but may still have some corn. Still time for the farmers go get the corn picked before the launch date.

Been prepping rockets for our launch and MWP. I am not sure if I will drive down on Saturday or Sunday or both. Car is making funny noises, so I probably won't push me luck both days. But then again...

I'm eyeing going both days and skipping the Ft. Wayne launch (half of there memers wil be there anyway). Poor Gus you gotta put up with my crap (I can say crap here cant I?).
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies

I know it is just a week away and many of us are busy with preparation for MWP. However, kiddo is going to start working on her Jr. L1 rocket. She has suddenly gotten antsy about completing this. I assumed that she was going to wait for a Thunderstruck launch. I guess she wants it done sooner rather than later although it is getting too cold to paint in the evenings. She is going to be making an upscale of her Finelda design she has been launching. I am curious if there is anyone who can cut the fins and have them for pick up at our launch next weekend? I don't have a workshop and do all my work on my computer desk or out on our small deck. 1/4" plywood would be what I would use if I cut them myself. However, if you want to use a better material, I am sure she would be happy. Just let me know if you can and how much I would owe you. OK, technically, she will sort of owe you, but as I *could* make the fins but not as well as someone with the right rools, I guess I owe you nonetheless.

finelda l1 pic.jpg

Etyoc, I have used WingArcher of UpscaleCNC to make custom parts in the past. WingArcher is fast and efficient and will ship them direct to your door.

Etyoc, I have used WingArcher of UpscaleCNC to make custom parts in the past. WingArcher is fast and efficient and will ship them direct to your door.
THanks, I will have to look that up!

The wet weather in Indiana is keeping the farmers out of their fields. As such, the corn has not been harvested at our Ash Grove location. We are going to make a decision on Wednesday the 15th on the status of the launch on the 18th/19th. Stay tuned for more information.

cti.jpg
What did I do this past weekend? Went to hang out with the Jackson Model Rocket club in Manchester (never been to that field before. Thanks for letting me hang out for the day)
Then sort through my new shipment of CTI items. Now I have CTI E through K.
So now I am ready for next weekend regardless of the field.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com

Well, I will keep my fingers crossed about next weekend. I know we have a backup date, but that is a family camping weekend. I won't be at the November launch due to a conflict with Michiana, so I guess I may not see Ash Grove until December.

Well, I will keep my fingers crossed about next weekend. I know we have a backup date, but that is a family camping weekend. I won't be at the November launch due to a conflict with Michiana, so I guess I may not see Ash Grove until December.
The Nov launch is the weekend before Michiana's
Mr. Bob

The Nov launch is the weekend before Michiana's
Mr. Bob

Bob, that was originally the plan. However, the wrong date was given out to kids and families at the Stevensville fun day. So, we had one group of people thinking the launch was going to be on the 15th and 16th and another group thinking it would be on the 22nd and 23rd. Instead of having a lot of angry people when they show up on the 15th and 16th when we aren't there and instead of cancelling the 22nd/23rd launch and cutting out Indiana Rocketry members who had plans to attend Michiana that weekend, we voted at our meeting on Saturday to use both weekends. As a Michiana officer, I will be at the Michiana launch on the 15th and 16th and not at Ash Grove.

Oh... just FYI... The portapotty build team are intending on launching the Portapot rocket "Thrusting the Throne" on the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd!

Thanks I will be at the 2nd weekend. See what happens when I don't make the meeting?
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies

Bob, do you have prices posted for the CTI reloads? I didn't see any online. Interested in maybe a 3 or 5 grain 54mm.

Bob, that was originally the plan. However, the wrong date was given out to kids and families at the Stevensville fun day. So, we had one group of people thinking the launch was going to be on the 15th and 16th and another group thinking it would be on the 22nd and 23rd. Instead of having a lot of angry people when they show up on the 15th and 16th when we aren't there and instead of cancelling the 22nd/23rd launch and cutting out Indiana Rocketry members who had plans to attend Michiana that weekend, we voted at our meeting on Saturday to use both weekends. As a Michiana officer, I will be at the Michiana launch on the 15th and 16th and not at Ash Grove.

Oh... just FYI... The portapotty build team are intending on launching the Portapot rocket "Thrusting the Throne" on the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd!
Got the official e-mail with the info this morning. sometime the stars will line up and we will be able to harass each other in person again. If not this weekend then next month.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies

Bob, do you have prices posted for the CTI reloads? I didn't see any online. Interested in maybe a 3 or 5 grain 54mm.
I don't have any motors on the website as I cant ship them yet. Been waiting almost a month for the Post Offices paperwork so I can ship the smaller motors.
Here is what I have in CTI 54mm.
K455 4 grain list $106.95 launch site price $97.00
K360 3 grain list $92.95 LSP $84.00
J293 2 grain list $72.95 LSP $66.00
J244 2 grain list $72.95 LSP $66.00
J150 2 grain list $72.95 LSP $66.00
I150 1 grain list $49.95 LSP $45.00
I also have a lot more in the 24-38mm motors and will also be adding more 54 (and 75mm and 98mm) in the next order.
I will also have 2 extra LOC Caliber ISP kits for the drag race (besides Ed's) with me.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
574-401-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com

Awesome, I think I'm interested in one of your K360's! It is my understanding that there will now be two launches back to back at Ash Grove and you'll be there on the 25th and 26th? Just wanted to confirm this to be true.

Haven't seen if this weekend is postponed or not (should find out tomorrow.). But I plan on 2 days weather permitting. So I can hold the motor for you.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies

The back to back weekend launches is Michianas next month at Three Oaks.
Mr. Bob

Excellent! Just misread the posts then. I will let you know for sure if I will be there this weekend - there's a slight possibility I won't, so I'll let you know in case anyone else wants the motor.

Keep your eye on this thread as the launch may be postponed until next weekend if the crops are not picked yet. It should be announced tomorrow afternoon.
Mr. Bob

I just received an email that the launch is cancelled and the next launch is November 15/16

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

ROCI has a launch in Muncie this weekend. Info should be at www.indyrockets.org . The field isn't nearly as big, but still better than flying 1/2A in the back yard.........

The official word is the October launch is cancelled. The corn is still in the field and it's too wet for the farmers to get into to work. More rain is in the forcast for next week. See you in November!

Back