Indiana Rocketry Oct 18-19th Ash Grove Launch!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrkincaid

Reaction score
It's that time of year again! We are moving back to the Ash Grove field. Pending crop harvest but we are hopeful the crops will all be in and the fields will be ready to launch.
Miles of wide open recovery, waiver standing at 16K AGL with UNLIMITED windows to 22K upon request. We are SELF INSURED so that you can fly any day commercial or EX without hassle! Capable of handling to up to "P" impulse (if your paper work is in line....)
Both days range is open from 10am till 5pm....located right off of I-65 just north of Lafayette Indiana with many fast food and, gas stops in the area *IE Wendy's *
Come see what everyone has been talking about and bring your boots (just in case).

Here is the full fall schedule with (rain dates):
Fall launch schedule:
Ash Grove: Oct. 18/19 with 25/26 reserved for backup.
Ash Grove: Nov. 15/16 with 22/23 reserved for backup.
Ash Grove: Dec. 13/14 with 20/21 reserved for backup.

So come on over and join in on the fun!

See you there.

I will be there with rockets and tracker . will need one I 280 . so we can see how the super evil minion suppose to fly .

Hey Bob maybe a mellow yellow in a 38mm I XS needs a long ride haha

Will need spacers as well . Looks like the I 65 will take the I55 my need a 7second delay for the XS to not strip the chute

Ooh, where is this located? I'm in Bloomington, and not currently in a club. I've thought of starting one myself, because I don't think there are any near me, but I need to find out what is involved in creating an official rocketry club.

Can a non-member join the launch?

Ash Grove is just a little north of Lafayette. Depending on where in Bloomington you are and the route, it will probably take 2 to 2.5 hours to get there https://www.indianarocketry.org/sites/ash-grove/

No, you don't need to be a member but there is a difference in launch fees if you are not a member. You will have to fill out some paperwork for insurance purposes, as they have their own insurance separate from NAR and TRA.

Last edited:
Ooh, where is this located? I'm in Bloomington, and not currently in a club. I've thought of starting one myself, because I don't think there are any near me, but I need to find out what is involved in creating an official rocketry club.

Can a non-member join the launch?

We would be more than happy to have any members or non-members join us at Ash Grove! :D Your first step would be to check our website out at indianarocketry.org and, that will give you a little better idea of who we are and, where we fly...Ash Grove is just north of Lafayette Indiana, conveniently located right off of I-65.
Maybe we will see you there? ;) From Micromax to P impulse we've flown it all at the place too be....holding the highest waiver in Indiana!

I haven't been out to Ash Grove since ThunderStruck in 2013, and I was just watching as a wide eyed observer to the glory of HPR. Now that I am getting back in the hobby I might make the journey North and fly something!

I like that place...

Rumple! :surprised: The BIG guy with the best one liners! ;) I see :point: Justin *outposted* me here :point: but, it's a really great place to fly for all levels of rocketeers no matter what your flying...:D

Maybe i will see some of you there? Right now i'm piled high in projects for a certain *hush**hush* launch at the end of October "Somewhere in the Midwest...."

May make it out just to watch!:rolleyes:

Rumple! :surprised: The BIG guy with the best one liners! ;) I see :point: Justin *outposted* me here :point: but, it's a really great place to fly for all levels of rocketeers no matter what your flying...:D

Maybe i will see some of you there? Right now i'm piled high in projects for a certain *hush**hush* launch at the end of October "Somewhere in the Midwest...."

May make it out just to watch!:rolleyes:
I know what one of the projects are:eyepop: And I know the somewhere in the Midwest. I am the Great OZ!!!!!!
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com

Life's to short to type an autobiography...... Unless they are yours Gus.. They are the best..

Just got some 54mm fiberglass rocket kits put together with 38 mm motor mounts. 2 with motor ejection 1 with electronic bay (I am keeping one with the E-bay) all have rocksimed stable. Will go over 7,000 ft on J350's. will have a very good price for folks wanting to try the new designs.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]

I know what one of the projects are:eyepop: And I know the somewhere in the Midwest. I am the Great OZ!!!!!!
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]

Oh yes thou art!:p Bear with me, back from vacation and, planning for a plethora of new items on the porch Monday midday to re-engineer what thou hath sold me...

Gus did WHAT:surprised: with a *cardboard rocket* at MWP12?:surprised:

Oh yes he did....

Thank you as always for supporting our humble little club Bob, it really means alot to all of us involved in this very unique hobby!:D

I plan on being there at least one of the two days. I have two eggtimers to give a trial flight. I might even get an eggfinder assembled by then. Can't say I trust my soldering skills 100 percent, so they may be problematic. I can't say that I will be launching any rockets I haven't launched there before.

Sounds awesome. Does your club have launch towers for 38mm minimum diameter rockets? I did not see any mention of towers on your website.

Sounds awesome. Does your club have launch towers for 38mm minimum diameter rockets? I did not see any mention of towers on your website.

I'm planning on being at the launch Saturday, I have a tower from Giant Leap I can bring down if you want. I flew my Comp 3 from it and it should size down to a 38mm.

I'll be there on Saturday beyond a shadow of a doubt, and hopefully on Sunday too!
Still flying Low power but hope to correct this misfortunate state this winter:cool:.

Mr Bob!
Do you have the CTI 24mm cases? I desperately need to talk to you about all kinds o' stuff!:grin:

I ain't dead yet!
Evil Ed:dark:

Last edited:
I'll be there on Saturday beyond a shadow of a doubt, and hopefully on Sunday too!
Still flying Low power but hope to correct this misfortunate state this winter:cool:.

My Bob!
Do you have the CTI 24mm cases? I desperately need to talk to you about all kinds o' stuff!:grin:

I ain't dead yet!
Evil Ed:dark:
Mr. Evil lives:dark:
Looking forward to seeing you again. Haven't seen you since last summer.
Yes I can hook you up with some CTI 24mm items. And yes you do need to get into some bigger stuff. And I have just the thing. My LOC sale ends today but I am doing a Thunderstruck drag race (no you don't have to ride a tricycle in a dress with your leg's:y:) I will continue the 25% off on the LOC Caliber ISP and just charge the $40.00 for the single use I. If you are not certified this could be a fun way of doing it.
I'll be all there all day Sat so we can talk. and if you bring up vintage dirt bikes I may not stop. Did I ever tell you about the XR75 minibike race? 7 past national dirt bike champions on the same track kicking my A**?
For the folks wanting to get in on the drag race let me know and I will bring down the kits so they can be built.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]

Glover?
Lackey?
Mag:D:D?
Sun?
Johnson?

Oh...there's been sooooo many of noteworthy status. Please pray tell.:eek:
I lost to Larocco, Statton, Burlison, Lackey, Gossler, Pomaroy, even Ran on the track with the NBA star Rick Smitts (he was running a 250 that day.)ect. ect. ect. But I won a Novice 125 class vintage championchip:D
Evil Ed I got your PM and I will have your Caliber ISP with me Welcome to the drag race.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]

Back