Funny Scam attempt...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I know Mike Fisher as the owner of Binder Design... Not some agent out to give me a large sum of money...

U.S. Customs and Border ProtectionOffice of Border Patrol
Ronald Reagan Building, Washington, D.C.
From The Desk of: Michael J. Fisher
Chief of the Border Patrol

Attention: Beneficiary

I am pleased to inform you that your ATM Card worth Ten Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars sent from Nigeria as part of your overdue payment/funds was returned to our office last week from Atlanta, Georgia where it was held due to one unavailable document. According to the information reaching my desk today, the ATM Card was returned due to your failure to pay the necessary charges required by the delivery company to enable it pass through the security agency.

However, after due investigation was conducted, I found out that your ATM Card was stopped unnecessarily. Georgia office told us that your ATM Card has no INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY PERMIT that was why you were told to pay huge amount of money which you did not pay. But after further investigation, it was very clear that your ATM Card has the INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY PERMIT attached to it therefore you will no longer pay the money you were asked to pay then. Now the only money you are required to pay is $90 only billed for NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE to clear your file so that you can receive your ATM Card without further delay. Note that the Nigeria customs will process the CUSTOMS CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE and send it to us as soon as you send the money to them to enable us release your ATM Card.

Kindly reconfirm your full name, home address, I.D and direct/cell phone number so that your ATM Card will be dispatched without any delay immediately you send the fee to them. Be rest assured that your ATM card will be dispatched to the address you provided as soon as you send the fee for the document. Secondly, be rest assured that there will be no delay on your ATM card delivery after you send the money and the clearance document is been issued in your name by the NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE AUTHORITY.

Awaiting your timely response with the above stated details so that I will send you the information you will use in sending the money to them.

For more information about me, kindly visit here, https://www.cbp.gov/assioners-office/border-patrol
You can also contact me here, [email protected]

Regards,

Michael J. Fisher

Last edited:
Dang! Don't you wish some uber-security program made an electron 'bomb' to nuke these asses out of existence? It's funny they are trying to give you a sum of money worth more than the whole damn country! I also enjoyed the "foil.com" as it defines his superior attitude. ('foil' as in story character development as well as it's age old ruse for backing poorly coloured gem stones.)

Could hit them with an EMP.

See how long until they all have Ebola.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Dang! Don't you wish some uber-security program made an electron 'bomb' to nuke these asses out of existence? It's funny they are trying to give you a sum of money worth more than the whole damn country! I also enjoyed the "foil.com" as it defines his superior attitude. ('foil' as in story character development as well as it's age old ruse for backing poorly coloured gem stones.)

Sorry to ruin it for you, but I altered the email and the URL to disable them... foil.com was a happy accident, assioners-office wasn't.

You misspelled my name. It's Michael Fischer, with a 'C'. I'm going to keep the money and start building B14 motors.

You misspelled my name. It's Michael Fischer, with a 'C'. I'm going to keep the money and start building B14 motors.
B-14's???!!! Hell yeah- I'll sign up for an ATM card. Oh wait- that would mean I have to go to Nigeria to use the drive thru tellers....

I work in IT security and I had a guy from "Windows" call me the other day. That conversation didn't go well as he had hoped.

I work in IT security and I had a guy from "Windows" call me the other day. That conversation didn't go well as he had hoped.
That must have been hilarious! I love the sing song of the boiler rooms in India calling me saying they have detected 'a problem' with my computer. I politely tell them I have a friend that works at 7-11 whose brother is still in India and he takes care of my system for me- have a nice day!

That one is funny. They call from India to tell me I have a problem with my Windows computer. Only, I don't even have Windows :p

My favourite one is a recurring phone call where they tell me "Your computer contacted us and said that it has a virus and is in need of antivirus software from our system." LOL

I'm a PhD student in computer engineering, so sometimes if I have time I like to get them talking, ask dummy questions, etc etc etc... Stuff like "really??! I had no idea computers worked like that! How did it know my phone number?" or "Can I ask you some computer questions so I really know that it was my computer who 'called' you?" And then I proceed to ask like "what is it's name, what is it's quest, what is it's favourite colour"?

My personal favourite though is:

"Do you know which part of the computer it was? There are different ones and sometimes one of them goes rogue.... Was it the i7 processor, the L2 cache, or the DVI port?? Hopefully you know so I can discipline the offending components."

That last one has never failed to generate an "ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" followed by silence from the other end of the line. I've always wanted to record one of the conversations but I just start having way too much fun to ever remember to actually do it.

Now a new one... As an English teacher in training, I love the sentence structures being demonstrated. As always, the links and emails have been altered to protect anyone from accidentally falling into something.

[h=2]Update Regarding Your Unclaimed Fund's‏[/h]
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)Anti-Terrorist And Monitory Crime Division.
Federal Bureau of Investigation.

i_safe.gif

J.Edgar.Hoover Building Washington Dc

Dear Beneficiary;

Series of meetings have been held over the past 7 months with the secretary general of the United Nations Organization. This ended 3 days ago. It is obvious that you have not received your fund which is to the tune of $2,500,000.00 due to past corrupt Governmental Officials who almost held the fund to themselves for their selfish reason and some individuals who have taken advantage of your fund all in an attempt to swindle your fund which has led to so many losses from your end and unnecessary delay in the receipt of your fund.

The National Central Bureau of Interpol enhanced by the United Nations and Federal Bureau of Investigation have successfully passed a mandate to the current president of Nigeria his Excellency President Good luck Jonathan to boost the exercise of clearing all foreign debts owed to you and other individuals and organizations who have been found not to have receive their Contract Sum, Lottery/Gambling, Inheritance and the likes. Now how would you like to receive your payment? Because we have two method of payment which is by Cheque or by ATM card?

ATM Card: We will be issuing you a custom pin based ATM card which you will use to withdraw up to $3,000 per day from any ATM machine that has the Master Card Logo on it and the card have to be renewed in 3 years time which is 2017. Also with the ATM card you will be able to transfer your funds to your local bank account. The ATM card comes with a handbook or manual to enlighten you about how to use it. Even if you do not have a bank account.

Cheque: To be deposited in your bank for it to be cleared within three working days. Your payment would be sent to you via any of your preferred option and would be mailed to you via FedEx. Because we have signed a contract with FedEx which should expire by September 27th 2014 you will only need to pay $155 instead of $440 saving you $285 So if you pay before September 27th 2014 you save $285 Take note that anyone asking you for some kind of money above the usual fee is definitely a fraudsters and you will have to stop communication with every other person if you have been in contact with any. Also remember that all you will ever have to spend is $155.00 nothing more! Nothing less! And we guarantee the receipt of your fund to be successfully delivered to you within the next 24hrs after the receipt of payment has been confirmed.

Note: Everything has been taken care of by the Federal Government of Nigeria, the United Nation and also the FBI and including taxes, custom paper and clearance duty so all you will ever need to pay is $155.

DO NOT SEND MONEY TO ANYONE UNTIL YOU READ THIS: The actual fees for shipping your ATM card is $440 but because FedEx have temporarily discontinued the C.O.D which gives you the chance to pay when package is delivered for international shipping We had to sign contract with them for bulk shipping which makes the fees reduce from the actual fee of $440 to $155 nothing more and no hidden fees of any sort!

To effect the release of your fund valued at $2,500,000.00 you are advised to contact our correspondent in Africa the delivery officer Mr. Brian Robinson with the information below,

Mr. Brian Robinson
Email:
[email protected]

You are advised to contact him with the informations as stated below:

Your full Name............
Your Address:..............
Home/Cell Phone:..............
Preferred Payment Method (ATM / Cashier Check)

Upon receipt of payment the delivery officer will ensure that your package is sent within 24 working hours. Because we are so sure of everything we are giving you a 100% money back guarantee if you do not receive payment/package within the next 24hrs after you have made the payment for shipping.

Yours Sincerely,
Mrs. Cassandra Chandler Mitsubishi
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535

Note: Do disregard any email you get from any impostors or offices claiming to be in possession of your ATM CARD, you are hereby advice only to be in contact with Mr. Brian Robinson of the ATM CARD CENTRE who is the rightful person to deal with in regards to your ATM CARD PAYMENT and forward any emails you get from impostors to this office so we could act upon and commence investigation.

Last edited:
Does anyone ever actually fall for these things?

I know someone who had been down on his luck and out of work for awhile. He got something similar from a supposed US bank telling him about an inheritance from a relative he never knew about. He honestly asked me if I thought it could be real.

I said, "Don't you think that if someone were leaving you a bunch of money, that you would get a certified letter, or maybe someone in a nice suit knocking at your door? Why would they conduct this kind of business through e-mail?" But he had a hard time letting go.

Something about that get rich quick mentality, especially if you are not financially stable, is very powerful.

I enjoy carrying on with Russian women.
What the heck does that have to do with computers???? Altho' I do have to admit that the October 1978 Miss Tractor Factory #217 beat the overalls off Miss Lithuiania the next year. What? Like you don't have a subscription, too?

I love when they come on with that strong Indian accent "hello sir, this is MIKE from _______&_______. I noticed you have an identity situation that may be harmful to your credit"

To which I reply, "ok John, how can we handle this? But first... What is my name?"

Most of the time the hang up so I don't get to have too much fun. But when they bite.... FISH ON!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I get an average of 3-4 bogus emails a month. And since I screen all of the phone calls I get, 75% of those just hang up. I figure, if I know them, their name will appear in the caller ID window, or they'll leave a message.

Here's the latest attempt. NOTE the mistakes in some of the written message. And for what it's worth, I feel really sorry for anybody that get's suckered into one of these.

FROM OFFICE OF THE WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.
COTONOU BENIN REPUBLIC/ADDRESS 455 AGBOKOU, ANKPA
ROAD OPPOSITE TUNDE MOTORS COTONOU.
WEB: www.westernunion.com/

Contact Payment department; TONY JOHNSON
Contact Email: [email protected]

I WOULD LIKE TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE MINISTER OF FINANCE DR TONY
JOHNSON HAS ORDERED THAT THE ONLY MONEY YOU WILL SEND NOW IS JUST $$85
US DOLLARS SO THAT WE WILL START SENDING TO YOU YOUR $7000 US DOLLARS
DAILY UNTIL YOUR TOTAL FUND OF ONE MILLION TWO HUNDRED FORTY THOUSAND
US DOLLARS ($10.000.00) IS PAID TO YOU AND IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLY BY
SENDING THIS FEE WITHIN THREE DAYS OF THIS ORDER,YOUR TOTAL FUND WOULD
BE CONFISCATED AND IT WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO GOVERNMENT PURSE,HE SAID
THAT THIS IS THE FINAL ORDER.

SO I URGE YOU TO TRY AND SEE THAT YOU SEND THE $85 US DOLLARS
IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOU RECEIVE THIS EMAIL TODAY SO THAT WE WILL
FINALIZE EVERY THING TO TODAY,

BY TOMORROW, YOU WILL START TO BE RECEIVING YOUR FIRST $7000 US
DOLLARS DAILY, YOU URGE TO RESEND YOUR CURRENT INFORMATION SUCH AS
YOUR PHONE NUMBER ADDRESS AND FULL NAME IMMEDIATELY TO AVOID DELAY.

Your name...................
Country.....................
Phone no....................
Address/city................
Age/sex.....................

BELOW ARE THE PAYMENT INFORMATION TO SEND THE $85 US DOLLARS OK,

RECEIVER NAME.......... MR AMAECHI ERIC OSITA
CITY.........................COTONOU
COUNTRY.................BENIN REPUBLIC
QUESTION...............WHAT COLOR
ANSWER..................GREEN
AMOUNT..................$85
MTCN............

Reply To This Email Address Here ; [email protected]

SINCERELY,
MR.TONY JOHNSON
www.westernunion.com
Western Union Payments
Western Union
Welcome to Western Union
Send Money

I received an automated phone call telling me my BoA Debit card was locked.
I later called BoA they told me it wasn't
Caller id didn't have a number listed.

JD

I love it when I get a call from someone in India with a strong Indian accent saying "Hello, this is Microsoft Customer Service, my name is Chuck."

I always reply "Wow, Chuck huh? It's nice to meet you Chuck, my name is Habib! What can I do for you?"

What sucks is when an elderly person falls for one of these scams. My 80 year old father fell for one about 8 months ago and lost 1000.00 dollars. I asked him why he didn't call me first and he said he didn't want to bother me with me working nights :( Most elderly have it hard enough living on retirement without these scum stealing from them.

I know Mike Fisher as the owner of Binder Design... Not some agent out to give me a large sum of money...
Even more disturbing to me than the fact there are scumbags who pull such scams is the apparent fact there are actually people stupid enough to fall for them.

Even more disturbing to me than the fact there are scumbags who pull such scams is the apparent fact there are actually people stupid enough to fall for them.

I use to think this, but not anymore. I wish it was just the 'dumb' ones falling for it, but its more sad than that. I know from living in South Florida that these scams are everywhere. They prey upon the elderly, who may not understand what is going on or who can be tricked into believing the story theyre being told. Its a different world from what they grew up in, new technology they may not fully understand.

100% agree with Jesse. My parents were born mid 1920's. They had a hard time dealing with a tilt steering. And "Honest" society for the most part.
My wife got a letter and I called on it, after I tried looking up the non-existing bank online. They said we're real.
I proceeded to the bank and they said it fake, and they were holding dozens of checks, some even with their own name on them.
So I went to the district attorney. No one can prosicute, not even mail fraud, because they are not in a country that doesn't recognize United States Laws.
If this is going to be a whole world society, then every country ought to eligble for any country laws, Correct or Incorrect?

Back