Suggest me a 3", 29mm kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyropetepete

Reaction score
Need to develop something. Looking for a cheap, simple and clean kit. Ideally the running cost will be cheap.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Estes leviathan, especially if purchased at an estes holiday sale

LOC Onyx. I loved mine. It flew 3 times. It took an H399 with slight modifications to the nose cone (the motor needed more room to fit), flew an F59 with no mods, and a G78 (lawn darted due to bad parachute packing). RIP Whiplash... :cry:

Totally the Onyx. I lost mine in but will eventually build another. They are great fliers on 2 grain motors although they can take much more. I flew mine on the CTI G80 Skid mostly, great fun.

Estes Leviathon is first that comes to mind for a cheap easy & complete kit.

The onyx is also great if you want to get started with a dual deployment out of the nose cone. Run an allthread down the middle, and you have a perfect place for DD altims or just recording.

Leviathan hands down. $31 from some stores and $28 from estes sale, very versatile and flies very well. There are also a few madcow and LOC kits that could work well.

The Onyx is cool just a little too short.

Forte is good.

I wouldn't recommend a 3" rocket with a 29mm mmt because a 3" rocket deserves at least a 38mm mmt. You can always adapt down if you want to fly 29mm. IMHO

Well if you need something longer then go with the Estes Leviathan, the Loc Norad is cool but its not a full 3" for the whole rocket, it steps down. All of Locs 3 inch kits would be nice you could always adapt down from 38mm.

TA

I stretched the Estes Leviathan by adding another body tube, I think people enjoy the results...

attachment.php

Stock Estes Leviathan is fine, it's having extra items that will fit is the issue. I think I've found a solution.

I wouldn't recommend a 3" rocket with a 29mm mmt because a 3" rocket deserves at least a 38mm mmt. You can always adapt down if you want to fly 29mm. IMHO
That's why I tossed out the LOC Forte. 3" diameter, 38MM motor mount that can be adapted to 29mm and through the wall fin mount and it is a little longer for more stability.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com

Don't let the animal rights people see you launch that hairy rocket.

Back