GSS MINI-CONCEPT PAD

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hball55

Reaction score
Got my GSS Mini-Concept Pad today . . . gotta say it's a sweet and sturdy pad. Will definitely handle any low/medium power rocket and some high power rockets up to 5 lbs. (what I'd be comfortable with).

The pad accepts up to a 3/8" rod. There is a second blast plate with a nut welded on the bottom; the nut is to keep the plate from tipping when using launch rods smaller than 1/4".

Footprint is a little over 3 ft. and the three legs slide into the base and are locked down with thumb screws. The blast plate is just over 24" off the ground.

This launch pad will get its baptism at the Reno launch in October.

Wanted to add that Fred Ziegler provided me with a free 3/8" adapter (not in pictures) for my mini-rail.

100_0130.jpg

100_0131.jpg

Last edited:
Hank-where and when is the "Reno Launch"?

Take Hwy 70 to Reno . . . before you get to Reno, take exit 83 near Border Town, turn left at stop sign at end of off-ramp. On your right will be a dirt road next to an old fruit stand. That's the entrance to the playa.

The launch is on the 18th of October. Of course, October Skies (TCC near Carruthers/Fresno) is on the 17th-19th Oct.

Last edited:
Hey Hank-

How's about them pics?

I think I'd like to get one of these. Sounds "right sized" for a lot of what I do.

Jason

Back