• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free Carbon Tubes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REK

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I have just about had it being lectured and someone mentioned to give them away. I feel too proud of my 50" 38mm carbon tube so the ones that I dont mind giving away are the 2 feet long 98mm tube and the 1 foot 38mm tube. I wish I could test them myself, but with the minimal pay I am getting, I can't even purchase motors.

I only ask for the shipping fee of $12

Here is a picture of the two tubes
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1410563887.303846.jpg

Alexander Solis

Level 1 - Mariah 54 - CTI-I100 Red Lightning Longburn - 6,345 Feet

I will take the 38 mm tube

Scott Simpson
WTF Rocketeer
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Joker are you okay with scott taking the 38mm one?

Alexander Solis

SOLD as to not get more confusion on here lol.

Alexander Solis

Whoever gets these please post a review with lots of pictures.

I plan on building a stubby 4" rocket and will post plenty of pictures as to both the quality of the tube and the rocket itself. Keep an eye out for a build thread soon.

Alex, screw what the negative people say. Be proud of your stuff. I know the time and effort you put into this stuff and you deserve what ever you are asking for it. I get so tired of the negative people here on the forum. Just remember no one else will toot your horn for you so go ahead and toot it yourself brother!

Alex, screw what the negative people say. Be proud of your stuff. I know the time and effort you put into this stuff and you deserve what ever you are asking for it. I get so tired of the negative people here on the forum. Just remember no one else will toot your horn for you so go ahead and toot it yourself brother!

Seriously! Lots of folks here love to tear down people whenever they can. I don't fly carbon because I don't need them for what I fly (maybe for what I land...) but, if I did, I would certainly give your tubes a try. Good luck in your endeavor.

Thanks haras and bill. They may be right about some aspects, but most of the time they cram in something that aint right. I still saw that I really had no use for the tubes and if they want testing I might as well just give them away to someone who can do that until I start earning more money to buy motors.

Alexander Solis

I plan on building a stubby 4" rocket and will post plenty of pictures as to both the quality of the tube and the rocket itself. Keep an eye out for a build thread soon.

Joker the tube is packed and ready to go. After recently finding out a better way to get a glossy finish on the carbon tubes I'm tempted to do it to your tube before sending it lol. Oh well maybe I'll include it in the tutorial.

Alexander Solis

Thanks haras and bill. They may be right about some aspects, but most of the time they cram in something that aint right. I still saw that I really had no use for the tubes and if they want testing I might as well just give them away to someone who can do that until I start earning more money to buy motors.

:)

You'll probably be happy you did this. Work with the recipients on crafting reviews.

You'll probably be happy you did this. Work with the recipients on crafting reviews.

I will be sure to post a review on this tube... As long as honesty isn't taken as an insult. I for one feel that feedback and reports are the only way to make a good product even better.

In a way I am happy, because they will be tested. I am very confident in the quality. You will find later however, that I may not sell tubes anymore since I will be making a video tutorial. After just one year of experience I realized it aint that hard to do. Hopefully a video will show you guys enough info for even one to make a successful tube on their first try. I have one ready, but it sucks. My little brother was generous enough to lend me his GoPro so that way I can give you guys a better video.

Alexander Solis

Id also like to thank you Alex for letting these tubes go for shipping. Very generous of you.

Id also like to thank you Alex for letting these tubes go for shipping. Very generous of you.

Your welcome Joker, I am really looking forward to your rocket. Can you already post details? I'd like to see the rocket that's going to have a pretty carbon tube on it :).

Alexander Solis

Your welcome Joker, I am really looking forward to your rocket. Can you already post details? I'd like to see the rocket that's going to have a pretty carbon tube on it :).

Alexander Solis

As of right now everything is still in design stages. I have a fin design that needs a little tweaking. But looks awesome. I'll post everything in a build thread from the design drawings to the finished product.

As of right now everything is still in design stages. I have a fin design that needs a little tweaking. But looks awesome. I'll post everything in a build thread from the design drawings to the finished product.

Awesome I can't wait to see it.

Alexander Solis

At some point in the spring I have a EM J110 that will need a air frame

For those who were looking for a review, I've posted it in the product reviews section.

I'm just gonna jump in with both feet here. I got 4" glas tube from Alex-dedicated to a nite flyer. Tube is flawless as it will be lit from the inside. Fits all standard rings cones etc. Looks exactly like the tube I got from DLB but it's 3x longer! I also got a 38mm carbon tube from him. Half which is used in a very bizarre cluster rocket as an av bay housing and the other half as a motor tube in a equally bizarre carbon fin can/conical fg nose cone bird. Are they centerless ground and mirror smooth? No. They ARE serviceable, functional and for a cheep ass like me-affordable. He's making me a 54mm as we speak. Everybody goes thru a learning curve and I support that. Heck- some of my birds are so off the chart because I like to learn new stuff with each and every rocket-I've never built the same one twice and can't even build a kit with out tweaking it some way. I'm sure one day I won't be able to afford an Alex Custom tube, but for now I'll grab what I can. Product review over.

I know a few people have suggested a review for the hand made tubes that Alex made.

Upon first glance, the tube looks factory made. Very smooth glossy finish. Ready to accept primer or just fly with the beautiful carbon pattern we all love.

The two foot, 4" dia section I received is 1.010 lbs.

The dimensions are as follows:

OD-4.029"~4.040"

ID-3.887"~3.901"

Wall thickness- 0.74"~0.79"

Length-24 1/16"

There were very few flaws that I could find in the construction. I have a particular eye for detail and the flaws can't be seen. Unless you're looking for a perfect carbon fiber pattern (which I think would be a waste of time trying to do).

There is a slight flat spot here on the overlap. Nothing to fret about though.

I also measured the flex of the tube with a hand press. Basically the same concept as a torque bar for automotive except it works like a vise. The amount of force needed to flex the tube was just over 60lbs!

My over all opinion of this tube is that Alex has made a very good product and really pays attention to the little things. If and when I need another carbon tube made I will get ahold of him. 5 stars.

I'm just gonna jump in with both feet here. I got 4" glas tube from Alex-dedicated to a nite flyer. Tube is flawless as it will be lit from the inside. Fits all standard rings cones etc. Looks exactly like the tube I got from DLB but it's 3x longer! I also got a 38mm carbon tube from him. Half which is used in a very bizarre cluster rocket as an av bay housing and the other half as a motor tube in a equally bizarre carbon fin can/conical fg nose cone bird. Are they centerless ground and mirror smooth? No. They ARE serviceable, functional and for a cheep ass like me-affordable. He's making me a 54mm as we speak. Everybody goes thru a learning curve and I support that. Heck- some of my birds are so off the chart because I like to learn new stuff with each and every rocket-I've never built the same one twice and can't even build a kit with out tweaking it some way. I'm sure one day I won't be able to afford an Alex Custom tube, but for now I'll grab what I can. Product review over.

Lol you typed 54mm. Once I get that mandrel I will make you one of that size. Your 38mm came out more better than I expected to be honest. Utilizing only 122 grams of epoxy plus the 30 grams for the peel ply. This has been a big improvement. Less resin equals less weight. I believe also that it may have turned out just a tad lighter than the other one I made. Thank you for your support Dave I appreciate it. The price will never rise to be honest ;).

Here are some pictures
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1411364404.650208.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1411364421.925345.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1411364440.321428.jpg

Alexander Solis

I know a few people have suggested a review for the hand made tubes that Alex made.

Upon first glance, the tube looks factory made. Very smooth glossy finish. Ready to accept primer or just fly with the beautiful carbon pattern we all love.

The two foot, 4" dia section I received is 1.010 lbs.

The dimensions are as follows:

OD-4.029"~4.040"

ID-3.887"~3.901"

Wall thickness- 0.74"~0.79"

Length-24 1/16"

There were very few flaws that I could find in the construction. I have a particular eye for detail and the flaws can't be seen. Unless you're looking for a perfect carbon fiber pattern (which I think would be a waste of time trying to do).

There is a slight flat spot here on the overlap. Nothing to fret about though.

I also measured the flex of the tube with a hand press. Basically the same concept as a torque bar for automotive except it works like a vise. The amount of force needed to flex the tube was just over 60lbs!

My over all opinion of this tube is that Alex has made a very good product and really pays attention to the little things. If and when I need another carbon tube made I will get ahold of him. 5 stars.

Joker, thank you very much for the review. I am very happy to see that the only minor flaw may have been the flat portion of the seam. For sure that will not happen again. If there are any other flaws those will be gone as well. I look forward to making you another tube, but with much more greater improvements :).

Alexander Solis

Lol you typed 54mm. Once I get that mandrel I will make you one of that size. Your 38mm came out more better than I expected to be honest. Utilizing only 122 grams of epoxy plus the 30 grams for the peel ply. This has been a big improvement. Less resin equals less weight. I believe also that it may have turned out just a tad lighter than the other one I made. Thank you for your support Dave I appreciate it. The price will never rise to be honest ;).

Here are some pictures
View attachment 185035View attachment 185036View attachment 185037

Alexander Solis

Alex-well crap! I have too many builds going on. Bring on a 54-it's all good. Now go wash your hands.

Alex let me know if you can make a coupler for the 4 in tube. And if you can, let me know what the price is. Id just hate to use a phenolic coupler in a rocket that will be 95% carbon.

Alex let me know if you can make a coupler for the 4 in tube. And if you can, let me know what the price is. Id just hate to use a phenolic coupler in a rocket that will be 95% carbon.

Worst case you can carbon fiber the inside of phenolic coupler.

Back