Favorite "K" motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised no one has yet mentioned the K1103X--wicked good motor, took my Competitor 3 to 10k! Sounds more like an L, has the highest total impulse of any 54/1706 motor, looks cooler than White Lightning and has the punch a lot like a Vmax/Warp9.
20131020-_A200108.jpg

K1000 skid. Thankfully I have a dozen left (no kidding)
got a pile of K555s as well...

RIP Paul.

Well! I've got way too many favorite K's.. From Contrail, the K555, K234 and the K500 sparky. From HyperTEK it the K240.

Too many motors and not enough time to fly them all! :)

Jason

I like the KBA K700 worked well with my extended naked fatman, the nice thing about friction fit is being able to deal with the fact that the case is too long for the rocket.

R6120578-800.jpg

Yeah, the CTI K1440 is the one the routinely sims to the highest velocity. It is a fun motor to fly. If I could only fly one K this would be it.
Mine would be KBA-1750 rips off the pad. And the old SU K-250

When I started this thread I had no idea there were so many cool K motors out there. I have been looking at some of them on YouTube thanks for sharing your favorite. Here's one of mine on a K550 and I would like to try the 1100 but I don't know if it can.handle it. It is a all glass rocket though.

IMG_20140512_201306_869.jpg

When I started this thread I had no idea there were so many cool K motors out there. I have been looking at some of them on YouTube thanks for sharing your favorite. Here's one of mine on a K550 and I would like to try the 1100 but I don't know if it can.handle it. It is a all glass rocket though.

Bill, I have flown the K1100 in a 4" paper rocket with plywood fins successfully. Using motor ejection no less. All I did was seal the whole rocket in finishing epoxy.

Surprised no one has yet mentioned the K1103X--wicked good motor, took my Competitor 3 to 10k! Sounds more like an L, has the highest total impulse of any 54/1706 motor, looks cooler than White Lightning and has the punch a lot like a Vmax/Warp9.
20131020-_A200108.jpg

Mentioned in post# 16.

K805 Mojave Green.

Me too. This is a current favorite of mine. I am hoping to, at some point finish my Wildman Extreme (L3 intended bird) and use the K805 I am sitting on as a first flight.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I finally launched my first K motor this year, a K550. Really like this motor, lots of fire, smoke and noise. From the post on this thread I must try the other K motors.

Why? Does it matter. Its just a thread about favourite reloads in K impulse. Propulsion would be the place to move anyway.

Last edited:
blackstar L2 flight.jpg

LOKI K-350 White Moonburner.
I'm all about "long burn" motors and this one is sweet at six and a half seconds of beautiful boost. Those who know and fly LOKI already "get it", and those who don't should check it out.
Plus, this is the motor I L2 cert'ed on a couple months ago, taking my kit-bashed 3" Darkstar up to 12,000'.

s6

View attachment 184359

LOKI K-350 White Moonburner.
I'm all about "long burn" motors and this one is sweet at six and a half seconds of beautiful boost. Those who know and fly LOKI already "get it", and those who don't should check it out.
Plus, this is the motor I L2 cert'ed on a couple months ago, taking my kit-bashed 3" Darkstar up to 12,000'.

s6

Thats my next case and set of motors. :)

TA

I've only flown one, the K805G in my 3" darkstar. I was impressed. I've got a K1100 loaded up for my next flight, and an eye on getting K1103X after that.

14394250110_c06a018c50_z.jpg
14368766689_9c45f084d7.jpg

Last edited:
K550-6 in my 6 X RAMJET :) And, yes, -6 motor well delay. I wanted scale-like flights. 24 pounds loaded, nice slow liftoffs, great cloud of smoke, ejection event at an altitude where it could be seen easily. All good :)

My vote is for the CTI K4000.....

*burnout before it's off the rail* *much giggles*

Back