Favorite "K" motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K1100T is probably my all time favorite! I was impressed by the K375NW though - hits like an 1100 and sustains like a 185... super cool.

Original K250.

Probably have flown my last K1100 - now fly the K1103, same price, 300 more N-s

K1100T is probably my all time favorite! I was impressed by the K375NW though - hits like an 1100 and sustains like a 185... super cool.

+1 for sure..
I am so surprised with all the super cool loads mentioned
nobody thought of the Aerotech K 375 W before.....

Teddy

Since I have only launched one K-motor I’d have to go with the AT K 550W.
Subject to change without notice.
Void where prohibited by law.

K740 C-Star and the K1103.

+1

I got my L2 on a K740. It's the only K motor I've flown so far and it was epic. Lots of flame, smoke, and noise.

I saw one K2045 go up the other day and was thoroughly impressed. Although I think my next K is the CTI 54mm 4 grain K400 green3. Longest burn for a motor that will fit in/lift my rocket.

I haven't yet flown a 75mm K, hope that changes this weekend for me, I really have enjoyed the K300 motor in my 3 inch, Wildman Competitor 3. Watching it go up and up and listening to the echoes from up above left me standing in awe.

Looking forward to MWP 12 as I have another one ready to burn.

K550-6 in my 6 X RAMJET :) And, yes, -6 motor well delay. I wanted scale-like flights. 24 pounds loaded, nice slow liftoffs, great cloud of smoke, ejection event at an altitude where it could be seen easily. All good :)

Do you have pics/video of this flight? A build thread?

Back