Favorite "K" motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getmore

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have a favorite one? I like the AT 700 although I have never flown one same for the AT 1100. The K550 is what I fly and really like all the smoke it puts out.

K-1000 AMW Skidmark

Since ya can't get that one anymore the CTI K-590 Dual thrust.

330lbs out of the hole for a second, then 130lbs for 3 more sec. ......A beast for a K

Then theres the K-2045 V-max....501lbs of thrust. King Kong in a can!:y:

Last edited:
AMW K555 Skid. Would probably be K1000 but never flew one.

K1100T is a nice classic. I would bet a CTI/AMW K1250 Wild Wolf would also be a fave if I ever got the chance to fly it.

I would have to say the K185W for the most part.

I flew one in my Stealth 54mm. Nice loooonnnggg 8 second burn.

I also flew a K695R in the same rocket. That was another really nice one with a 3 foot Darth Vader light saber like red flame.

AMW K1000 Skidmark. Really miss that Critter!:eek:

There's just something about the sound of titanium sponge and, flake plowing through a graphite nozzle.;)

K750 Red Lightning. Good boost, fat thrust curve and over 3 seconds burn time.

Thanks for starting this thread Bill, some good loads mentioned here that I would like to burn. I have the K590 Dual thrust, might try it in my X-Celerator "Rapiditty". It's a big heavy rocket that is hard to get going. Might also try the K805 Mojave Green in that rocket, the K490 I have been flying it on is underwhelming.

I was going to buy a K dual thrust and ended up getting a K260...which has not flown. Will get to the dual thrust eventually...seems like the sims favor it.

I really like the K1103X and the K740 cStar..they seem to be very efficient with xtra n's to spare..and no worries about the speed off the pad.

Kenny

I too think there are only wonderful K motors. But for an oldie but goodie, I fire up a CTI K660 Classic. Like the K700 both have been around for sometime, and still put on quite a show! Tim

I would have to say the K185W for the most part.

I flew one in my Stealth 54mm. Nice loooonnnggg 8 second burn.

I also flew a K695R in the same rocket. That was another really nice one with a 3 foot Darth Vader light saber like red flame.

It looks like you and I are the only two left that really like the long burn motors Don. I love the K185. There is nothing like the sound of your motor still burning long after your rocket has disappeared into the sky...

Gotta go with V-max myself. K2045 for the 54mm, and K2000 for the 75mm. Something awe inspiring about 8' long flames.

Back