URRG September 27-28, Potter NY, 23,600' MSL Waiver!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What an amazing weekend! I lucked out finding a spot next to Teddy! What a great guy, glad I got to meet you. Jonah and I had an absolute blast. Dave I can't thank you enough for taking all those pics! I went back today and had another great flight on the Big Baby Bertha (F27) and Jonah burned another $20 in C6-5's :) I also picked up a F36 BS and a G80 skidmark from the AMW trailer :)

What an amazing weekend! I lucked out finding a spot next to Teddy! What a great guy, glad I got to meet you. Jonah and I had an absolute blast. Dave I can't thank you enough for taking all those pics! I went back today and had another great flight on the Big Baby Bertha (F27) and Jonah burned another $20 in C6-5's :) I also picked up a F36 BS and a G80 skidmark from the AMW trailer :)

Heyyyyy Riley,,,,
It was super to meet you and Jonah,,,,,
You guys were the absolute best....
I can't wait to fly with you both again....
Dave's right Riley,,,,
If Jonah thinks black powder motors are cool
your gonna be in big trouble when he checks AP motors for the first time..... lol
What a nice young man....
Hey Dave,,
Did you know Jonah came over to me to console me "because my rocket blew up".... lol
Riley,, would you please tell Jonah that Green rocket is going to be all fixed up by the next time we launch together,,,,, for sure.......

Teddy

Oh, no! Did the Green Hornet CATO? (Yes, there's a pun there!)

I have pics of it at home if you need them.

That's pretty funny John,,,
get it,,, get it,,,,
Thankfully I don't need pic's..
As soon as I get some bulk plates and a tail cone I'll fix er up....

Teddy

Teddy, did you get a chance to fly your new altimeter toy? Sorry I didn't get a chance to come up.

No,,
I didn't John..
I have great intentions of flying that rocket at the field in Potter...
The rocket's construction is finished,, ground tested and all,, it's ready for flight..
I won't fly it until I have the finish jived out and done..
I was going to paint it and am now thinking about wrapping it...
Mark H. from Stickershock is kicking around some ideas...

You sure are correct John..
That Marsa 54L is one of the reasons I can't wait to fly that rocket.....
I am so impressed with that altimeter,, set up and mount and all,,, I'm going to love flying it...

Teddy

Dan,
How much did that rocket weigh?

JD

Teddy - Apologies for not sharing! The motor burned for 3.84s after dumping half of its impulse on the pad coming up to pressure. Per the ARTS2, the rocket achieved 10,304' at 945 ft/s. I was pleasantly surprised with that motor, it turned in a much more impressive flight than I was anticipating! The video even has a little surprise during boost that you will have to wait to see :)

Don't curse me, but I'll take a thank you any day. I'll send a thank you right back to you for your pictures and tracking help. I think we have a good arrangement in place...pictures and tracking for rocket motors!!!

Last edited:
OK, linked 737 photos out of the urrg.org forums. All are available in full res for free. here's a few -

The three stooges-
15352513436_1b566f68cb_b.jpg
Hey, I resemble that remark!

I just found out that Canon is coming out with a 7D MKII
10 FPS, 20 MP, along with built in GPS everything but, a rocket tracker ;) .
It might be time for a new camera.

Oh no. 7D mkII and a EF 200 F/2. Anyone got a spare $7500?

Back