Great service from Skyangle & AMWPro-X's Robert DeHate & Gloria Robinson

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavieRockets

Reaction score
Back in 2012 I bought a Skyangle Classic II 32" drogue chute for my L3 project from Robert DeHate of AMWPro-X. That chute has flown a number of times in my larger rockets. At URRF this past June, my 32 lb Sluggo rocket decided to weathercock into the wind and suffered from an early drogue deployment as it arced over, the altimeter thinking it was in descent mode when in actual fact it was still doing over 150 MPH. The poor Skyangle got clobbered on deployment and looked like a shredded rag. As a joke I brought it over to Robert and Gloria's trailer asking for a warranty replacement. In fact I expected to trash it. Robert said he thought Skyangle might be able to repair it. I thought he was joking but he wasn't. He said he would ship it to them and it probably wouldn't cost too much to fix it so I went for it. I expected to hear that it was beyond repair. On August 18th Gloria emailed me to say that Skyangle had shipped the repaired chute back to me.

I received the chute back with no repair or shipping charges and it looks nearly new! I think they sewed a new panel in and re-stitched any stressed seams that remained. Talk about great service! All good people! Thanks guys!!

Robert and Gloria love their customers. They have done so much for me--the stories go on and on. And whenever I ask to compensate, they always say, "That's just a thank you for your business."

Dang I tossed out a 52" Skyangle that got torn up in a recovery mishap. I had the chute for over 6 years. Never thought about getting it fixed. I bought a replacement off eBay. It turned out to be one made by Loc and not quite the same. :facepalm:

Back