The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the club! I am 56.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Being the same age, I prefer to think of it as having celebrated my 21st annual thirtieth birthday.

Me too today, Shrox - I just hit double nickels. There are many creative people with birthdays in September and you are certainly one of them! Happy mutual birthday.

You have just enter the largest age group on TRF, or as I refer to us, "The Fun Bunch." Other than the fact food now tastes ....different.... it's about the same as the previous decades.

Go throw a rock into the ocean and celebrate making it this far :)

Happy Birthday

1/2 Century
5 decades
50 years
600 months
2607 weeks
18,262 days
438,288 hours (about)

feeling old yet?

P1020749.jpg

When you turn 50, it's good to do something extraordinary. When my wife turned 50, we went to Italy for a month, which was awesome. She's a couple years older than me, so I'll turn 50 in 16 months. Unfortunately, we probably will not have recovered financially from her awesome 50th celebration, so maybe all I'll get is a pizza. And not a pizza in Italy --- one from the frozen section at Safeway.

I go backpacking with some friends who are all 10 years younger than me, and one guy who is 20 years younger. They were talking about how they want to do a big trip the year they turn 40 --- like take 40 days and do an extra-long through hike. I mentioned I would turn 50 that same year, so I should get 50 days. One friend told me, "With that much time, you could hike the entire Oregon section of the Pacific Crest Trail. Actually, you could probably do it in 30 days."

I told him, "Dude. I'm gonna be 50. Give me the whole freakin' 50 days to hike that far! Come on!"

Happy Birthday, Shrox!

Last edited:
Damn, another youngster in the mix. We can't kill him--hmmmmm---maybe he can be on the design team down the hall. Yea, that's it !! Design Purgatory,-LOL, Happy birthday,shrox

Looking back at fifty here - you'll be fine ;)

It is a moment worthy of some celebration. Think up a good one. Best!

You're only 32 in Hex.

And I'm only 41 in Hex.

Last edited:
It's all in your head! The date still has no significance for me, and I certainly don't act my age...(not sure if that's good or bad?)

All the best, James

My father was born in 1887, my mother in 1925. I'd say I "feel" 35.

Happy Birthday Shrox! Good to hear that you are feeling good at 50.

Please don't ever stop designing rockets, your work inspires me and is one of the main reasons I keep coming back to rocketry. I think I'll order some new Shrox rockets to commemorate the occasion.

Happy Birthday Shrox!

I hit 50 in July. Wife nailed me. Had first son and friend take me golfing in the morning. Came back to a homestead filled with family and friends from rocketry, work, and church. Dwatkins was tasked to ensure I came out of the vehicle...

Very nice time I'll treasure forever.

Enjoy the time!!

51 here. Just a number

Launching rockets (or missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPad Air using Rocketry Forum.

Back