TRF Slow to load?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o1d_dude

'I battle gravity'
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed this lately or is it just me?

All my other destinations including Amazon load as quickly as expected.

Yeah, I've noticed it, too. Sometimes I have to refresh the page to get it going again. Anybody have any ideas? Phil L.

Was their a DNS change?
I had issue resolving domain, but I switched to manually using Google's DNS (8.8.8.8) and was finally able to resolve.

Very slow today (slower than usual) had to reset my router to get it to work . And I'm running. 20 down and 8 up.

I've been trying to get on since 8:30 am or so..and just now am able to get on @ 8:20 pm..no site access at all.

Some of the largest internet providers are doing a "slow down" tactic due to the upcoming "net neutrality" actions proposed by the FCC. Yes, things are being deliberately slowed down to demonstrate the possible outcome of restructuring the way the net works. If a provider doesn't like you for whatever reason they would be able to choke off their internet connection, slow them back to single digit baud rates and there will be NOTHING that could be done by anyone about it. Nothing except paying them off so guess who would end up with the bandwidth?

[video=youtube;0_uCv058b_M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_uCv058b_M&list=UU1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ[/video]

Cenk can be a bit bombastic but he tells the truth.

site doesn't want to 'work' for me Unless I'm logged in.
Rex

Some of the largest internet providers are doing a "slow down" tactic due to the upcoming "net neutrality" actions proposed by the FCC.

Strike that, reverse it. :)

Many web sites displayed "working" icons yesterday to simulate what they say will happen if the largest internet providers get their way and the FCC fails to enforce net neutrality. The ISPs aren't quite diabolical enough to show us that they can slow down our connections just to prove that there is nothing we can do about it (insert maniacal laugh)!!!!

(The rest of your post was correct, though.)

-- Roger

Last edited:
Back