B 58 Hustler Model Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure we would have heard about this flight sooner, but North Korea's internet connections are shut down, thus the need to smuggle out the video:)......Only they are crazy enough to permit this sort of thing.....hee hee.......

Frank

Daddy....can't wait to see the pictures!! I just knew the Hauptmann would find a way to fly the Delta Winged beauty! he must have made Mach 2 pass at high altitude and jammed the North Korean internet just for fun!

I don't know if there are any other pictures or video. This launch was very late in the day with long shadows under the strict supervision of a few top men. Our video guy might have already left and I was on fire patrol with my phone under 1% power on the landing shot. The good thing is it proved it can fly, so with a new batch of igniters I may get permission from the Central Committee to launch it a bit earlier at the next launch and get some video. Maybe I can get a high ranking Party official to provide an additional eyewitness account. Just have to get them out of their bunkers, taverns and brothels and on to the forum, not an easy thing to do:)

Daddy....can't wait to see the pictures!! I just knew the Hauptmann would find a way to fly the Delta Winged beauty! he must have made Mach 2 pass at high altitude and jammed the North Korean internet just for fun!

Good thing the Hauptmann didn't have a nuke on board or he would have gone all MacArthur and given them the HI PRO GLOW.:)

I see I never updated this thread with the third flight at Hartsel. It was another successful flight, straight up, arced over, pop-pop-pop-pop-pop . . . pop. All the bits came down fine. One of the other rocketeer's wives commented "was it supposed to do that? " Was that a successful flight?" She had seen many normal HP 4FNC flights and this was a bit different, lots of smoke, no too high, weird recovery. It won the most Tripoli Colorado unusual flight award at the dinner the next year. I have since loaded it up for flight number four but a lack of Q2G2s and bad weather delayed the flight. I used the motors on other flights and it now just sits on the shelf.

Back