Most launches on a single rocket.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swatkat

Down these mean skies, a kat must fly!
Reaction score
With minor repairs... I've got a HyperLoc Mini (18mm) that just completed it's 56-58th launches today. It has seen some hard landings, but still has original everything, with the exception of the shock cord and adding a nylon (8") parachute. I've got a LOC mini Fantom that has been up 47 times. Same modifications made.

With minor repairs... I've got a HyperLoc Mini (18mm) that just completed it's 56-58th launches today. It has seen some hard landings, but still has original everything, with the exception of the shock cord and adding a nylon (8") parachute. I've got a LOC mini Fantom that has been up 47 times. Same modifications made.

To be honest I don't know what the most flights one can get from a single model. To be honest it seems the lighter the model is built the longer it has survived:)
I have a original 1970's Estes Saturn-V that I retired with 139 flights (139 is our NAR Section Number) but to this day it is Still perfectly Flyable though somewhat worse for the ware, if I want to take it out of this display case.

Many of my current fleet have will over 50 flights and some of my Micro models which have only been in existence since 1999 are getting close to the 50 flight mark.
The only thing that usually ends the flyable life of a model rocket are either a CATO motor and even that can sometimes be repaired. or the interior of the body being burned through by the Ejection Charge and "After burn Flame".

Good job holding on to your models. That's flying the Field LOL!

I copied this out of a post on the archive. Response to same question from Jim Flis.

Re: What is your most launched rocket

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was a great day for flight #500 on the Sprint. There's a whole photo section about the flight here

Gleda Estes launched her on flight #499 with Vern following up with flight #500. I then donated the Sprint to Vern with the excuse that I could only get 500 flights out of the thing and was disatisfied that I couldn't get 501 so I was returning it to the maker...

Some kewl stats on the model:

Virtually fully stock. Over 30+ years I had only replaced the launch lugs, shock cord and streamer.
Purchase price: $2.50
Total cost of motors used: $765
Total flight didstance traveled from liftoff to landing: Approx 71.96 miles

Yeah, that was a good day
jim

WOW! 500 flights is amazing (as is 139!). Looks like I had better get on the bulk packs at the next few meets and ratchet up the numbers! :)

I have a Birdie (13mm) with around 60-70 flights. I also have a snitch I just got out of storage and repaired (first flew around 7 years ago) that probably has at least 30-40.

97 flites on an Aerotech Mirage-killed it on an "I' with too much dog barf. It was like one of the pets. It lives on as the fins are on Mirage II. Only 10 brutal flights so far.

I am a rank amateur compared to all of you. 22 flights on my second Big Bertha until a month ago, when it landed in a very high tree.

Launching rockets (or missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPad Air using Rocketry Forum.

Wow...I thought the 30-40 or so I have on my Alpha 3 was getting up there. It was my first rocket, I got it when I was 11-12 years old, and I'm 36 now. Its on its second body tube, the first one got so worn that the nose cone wouldn't stay on straight.

I still have my original Estes Sizzler that I bought about 6-7 months later, though I think it is time to retire it. Body tube has a couple of wrinkles in it and for whatever reason it keeps popping fins each time I've launched it. I guess it is just telling me it is ready to hang it up.

These are some incredible numbers!
I thought I was pretty lucky with about 30 on my Astron Elliptic II!

Nate

I have an Astrocam with 44 flights. With 110 film becoming quite scarce it's not likely to launch ever again.

I still have my Astro Cam, though the launcher is long gone. Film still in it on #7 of 12.
I too, wish the 110 film was readily available. I would make a 2 stage launcher and fly it everytime.
Maybe someday...I'll get the 6 pics developed. It's 30 years old, or more.
God knows whats on that film :confused2:

I still have my Astro Cam, though the launcher is long gone. Film still in it on #7 of 12.
I too, wish the 110 film was readily available. I would make a 2 stage launcher and fly it everytime.
Maybe someday...I'll get the 6 pics developed. It's 30 years old, or more.
God knows whats on that film :confused2:

Looks like film is still available through Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Lomography-Lobster-Redscale-Negative-Exposures/dp/B00A8GYYEE/ref=sr_1_2/176-0944797-7722911?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1414393213&sr=1-2 of course the getting it developed is more expensive than the film iirc. I wished someone would make a digital version of the AstroCam, the keychain cameras are okay, but a properly built system is so much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back