spam PM's

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJSR

Reaction score
I got a private message about spying on people's cell phone. anyone else getting these spam PM's ??

Yes, and that user has been banned. I don't think we've seen this approach to spam before. If you get a questionable PM then please "report" it and the moderators will deal with the perpetrator.
Best wishes,
Will

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

out of force of habit I deleted it right away, didn't even look to see who sent it

Does your wife or husband cheat on you? Do you worry what is going on with your child? Do you want to get to know business secrets of your competitors? Install program which spies on someone's phone. The website is https://bi tly .com/spied2

I am not even married... :p I don't have kids... and my only competitor is my sister...

Yes, and that user has been banned. I don't think we've seen this approach to spam before. If you get a questionable PM then please "report" it and the moderators will deal with the perpetrator.

Just to reinforce this...

Understand that we, the staff, cannot see your PMs, so unless you report it we don't know that a given user is using the PM system to try to send spam.

-Kevin

If you're not sure how to report a PM, look for this icon in the grey bar under the PM text:
report-40b.png

Click on that and it will let you report the message.

-Kevin

Just to reinforce this...

Understand that we, the staff, cannot see your PMs, so unless you report it we don't know that a given user is using the PM system to try to send spam.

-Kevin

To add to this, I can delete it once it's been sent from a confirmed spammer, but it's a mass deletion tool that does not allow me to see into your inbox. So if you got a notification, but then you went to view it was missing that's me hitting a "Delete all Private Messages Sent by Member" button. Not me accessing your account.

Back