High Frontier 11

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldschool77

Reaction score
Tulsa Rocketry presents "High Frontier 11" to be held Sept. 27 & 28 at Pawhuska Ok.
A new addition to this years festivities is a "Big Daddy Drag Race" with D12's then E9's. This is open to ALL flyers! Also the 2nd Anniversary "Night Launch" And the ever popular Warloc and Minie Mag events. For more info click here Whoops I forgot the "Closest to the Buffalo" contest for youth under age 18.
My ramjets have been re-glued on my Bomarc glider, which needs a little more shim under the vert. stab to give it less stall. A MRN(Estes "Model Rocket News" plan) Flying stovepipe and it's almost finished big brother.
So what are you going to bring?

Last edited:
Only one week left to get your Warloc's and Magg's ready for the Drag Races. Both events are now to be held Sunday morning at 9:00 AM

Hey Tony, looks like we'll be having great weather this year. I'll be going up Thursday and camping out with Andrew and Glen and Dave. I'm taking these rockets, left to right-- scratch built SAM, scratch built Hercules, scratch built Viper, GLR Escape Velocity, and my scratch built 2.6" Patriot which also has a spare nose cone with lights in it for the night launch. I'm also going to conducting another raffle to raise money for my sister-in-laws breast cancer treatment. Dwayne Shmel donated 13 rocket kits and 48 motors worth $476.67 for this raffle! I'll be selling raffle tickets for $5 each or 5 for $20. Some lucky winner will walk away with a HUGE prize package. See you there!
View attachment 185014
Here is what Dwayne donated for the raffle.
View attachment 185015
Motors1.jpg

Its always a great time out at Pawhuska!!! We get to enjoy nice "Beverages" all weekend. Bill you know what I am talking about lol.

Hey everyone, I (Loki Research) am planning on attending the launch this weekend! Please come see me and help show your support by picking up some Loki Research motors as I come help support your launch. If it's a success for both of us, I'm sure to come back. ;-)

I do have a question about the Warloc drag race.... It says the motor you are using is an Aerotech J-570, or CTI equivalent. Does a Loki Research equivalent also qualify? I'm hoping so.... because that would only be fair to my customers. ;-) I've got a few equivalent motors to bring with me if anyone wants the upper hand. ;-)

Scott I'll be launching nothing but Loki's this weekend. Too bad I don't have a Warloc....yet. Glad your coming and I'll see you there.

Scott you will be welcome here! If you haven't already done so, use the link on page #1 and contact our Prefect. BTW! My wife hails from Macks Creek and still has a lot of family scattered around Camden Co.

I will be there with my Dodge Truck and long travel trailer. Bill and Myself will be out there on thursday early afternon.

Just got my hotel booked. I asked the lady if there were any other motels in town and she mentioned just one. I asked her how it compared to the Black Gold Motel and she said, "Well ours is the only one that's American owned." Nuff said and I booked the room. ;-)

Glad you made it Scott. I enjoyed talking to you and I really enjoyed flying your motors. My level 2 attempt will be Loki powered. Having the guy that actually makes the motors attend the launch makes me want to support his product. Thanks Scott. Your I405 is an outstanding motor.

Thanks to Prefect Hal Ellis and his crack squad, another brilliant High Frontier event is in the books. Didn't make it out yesterday, but Hal and team couldn't have BOUGHT better rocket weather than we had today. Even the "big ones" were returning home close to the pads! I look forward to an event report and pics from the many who were in attendance and basking in the ideal conditions. Cheers to all :cheers:

Just wanted to share one of my highlights of the weekend at High Frontier 11 in Pahuska. I raised another $200 through my Rocket Raffle for my wonderful sister in law, Bev Beeman Koropsak's cancer treatment fund. The winner of the Rocket Raffle was Nathan Reed, son of Paul Reed of Tulsa. Nathan (and his dad) will be busy building rockets for quite a while. Thanks again to Dwayne Shmel for his generous donation of 13 rockets and 48 motors for this raffle. This years night launch was outstanding and had some really NICE projects. I cant wait to see whats in store for next year. A saucer with lights would be cool (hint hint) Thanks to Hal Ellis and all the members of the Tulsa Rocketry Club for putting on such a fine event. It's my favorite launch of the year.

Back