MJF Firewire Initiator

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckirby

Reaction score
Has anybody used these new electric matches? The website says they are not regulated by BATFE, which would be very convenient.

I haven't used them in flight yet but have done some simple testing.

My old AltAcc which uses a 9V battery worked fine. A RDAS Compact which uses a 2200uF capacitor charged to 9V failed. Touching one to a single cell Lipo worked.

In addition, the stated all fire current of 600mA is for a current pulse of unknown duration. Based on the failure of the RDAS, it was certainly greater than 200ms.

I am tempted to perform a good all fire current test with a 100ms pulse duration but that would require using about 30.

They have work with the Raven, RRC2+, RRC2 mini, RRC3, Stratologger, MAWD, HIAK 45..... I will test them with the MARSA soon.

They have work with the Raven, RRC2+, RRC2 mini, RRC3, Stratologger, MAWD, HIAK 45..... I will test them with the MARSA soon.

With the RRC2+. was it with a 9v battery or the Li-po Missileworks uses in their sleds?

I have tested with a lipo on the ground and it worked.

I used them on all my flights at LDRS33; nearly 30 e-matches and they all worked fine. Alts in use were RRC2+, RRC3, Raven3, SL100 and MARSA54.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

I think that should be MJG not MJF. I bought a few and used them for ground testing but haven't flown any yet.

I've used half-a-dozen on a Raven3 with a 1s 160mAh LiPo and they all worked as expected.

Back